Faith [Finished]

Looking great! Took me a bit to figure out what the shift and ctrl keys do, but once I did, I was running around climbing ladders and slicing monsters with the best of them. Good fun! :smiley: The only funny things I managed to find was that if I pushed the down key (s) while hanging that he seems to try and let go, but then grab the ledge again. It also seems to need you to be pretty strict about facing directly towards the wall. You don’t need much of an angle and it wont let you grab. Other than that, slicing the monster worked well. Ledge hang and jump worked well. It’s a lot of fun running around at high speed with a great big sword. Would be fun too, to have the monster at the top of the tall building so you have to climb the lader to face him…

Nice work!

Hey guys ;), I’m glad that I’m finally getting some feedback :p. Thanks.

@Mico27: Yeah, I have my entire life ahead of me, lol yeah, thanks, I wish I was 14 at least because then I’ll be able to watch PG14 movies ;p.

@Mokazon: WOW, very cool, lol I thought you were 16, the way you write sound older and more… you know older! I only make script that don’t exist yet ;p. The movement script I made myself, but all the other ones I got from somewhere else. The good thing about them is that I can modifiey it any way I want since I know a bit of the python language.

@Blendiac: Thanks for the comment, the thing is it that my message does to everything in the body of the enemy, so I can’t duplicate it :s. Also, the reason I have messages going through the same body is because I don’t want other enemies to get the message that I only want one enmy to get. For example, I get close to an enemy, the eyes send back a message to the bounding box to move to the player, if it’s global, all the enemies in the scene wil recieve and start following the main character. Unless there’s a way to block messages to go to certain groups, which I would prefer :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks for your comments guys, I’m going to try to fix all the glitches when I have time today or tomorrow. se ya!

Linkxgl

LOL, why didn’t you guys tell me??? There’s a HUGE enemy glitch! Oh well, I fixed it and now the enemy is a bit more smarter. Also, I’ve dicided to change the pathfinding script since I won’t be able to duplicate the AI without changing a bunch of things in the logic, So I have a better idea! But then the enemy can only go one direction :(, oh, well, I’ll be easier for you guys to sneak up on it :p. Ok, I’ll have the enemy test running by today, I’ll post it up, if I don;t then hopefully tomorrow :), lets hope :slight_smile:

OK here’s the .blend on a attached file for the enemy test. I need one of you guys to check it over and fix any glitches. If you guys have any ideas on making the enemy better without using objects OUTSIDE the the cube, things that are NOT parented to the cube. You can only use things that are parented to the cube or the cube, but nothing else because that would mean the enemy will mess up for the reason on my early post, I won’t be able to duplicate. You can send messages to it’s self, but make sure it sending it to itself and not other things, but this is what I have.

Attachments

NewEnemyTest.blend (134 KB)

Linksxgl: 13 - Mokazon: 11 - guess what? i’m 14. that makes 3 of us!
now we need to do some kind of compeition!

Linkxgl: Is that for rc3? Could post a demo for 2.48a?
BlenderMaster: 14? wow! We should start a kid competition that we can compete in without having to worry about wizards like vitorbalbio :stuck_out_tongue:

LOL, ok the enemy test I made is for both 2.49 RC3 and 2.48a because it just using the logic bricks, which haven’t changed since 2.48a, so you should be able to test it out. Also, if your talking about the demo, just download 2.49 RC3 and save to a different folder in Blender Foundation.

lol yeah, we should all start a project together… lol something like KID POWER RAWR!! lol, jokes. Or in the next Blender Compition we shoud enter as a team ;p that would be cool. Us kids know what’s fun lol.

Sorry, I totally disagree.

That makes 4 of us :evilgrin:

@Linkxgl- This project seems to be making really nice progress. The demo looks good.

k, I’m having the near final version of the BETA level! This is the enemy but with almost to glitches! (yes!)
I’ll also have it for 2.48a for all you 2.48a people. lol, I’m going to start making a forest scene to ;p, so that’ll be fun to get out!

Linkxgl

Bump for life bar and and better enemy!
Blender 2.49 RC3: http://download105.mediafire.com/y0emmf1mttjg/ovzkzxjkuo4/WhereaboutsUnknown2.49RC3.blend

Blender 2.48a: http://download814.mediafire.com/xh3dy5eewwlg/m3tjgmzg3ja/WhereaboutsUnknown.blend

If the links don’t work check the introduction thread thanks and ENJOY!

Linkxgl

cool! i’ll download it right now, and check it out!

mokazon: lol - vitorbalbio is a “wizard” from your perspective? he not so much better than me… lol

Finally, the 3rd last demo before I start actually making the gameplay! YES!! Check the intro thread on the front page for the 3rd last demo before I start just showing you screenshots of the game. Every update I make to the actual game, I’ll make to the beta level so you can try them out, but the rest leave it to me because it seems nobody wants to help… I almost have a forest scene done which I’ll send out a screenshot when the last copy of the beta level is out. Thanks

Linkxgl

Whenever i try the demos, the keys never work. The only thing that does work is fighting with the sword. Other than that, he can’t move at all.

Are you using Blender 2.49 RC3? Because if your not, then that’s answer. Also, if that’s not it, check the blender prompt and tell me what it says, I’ll do the e=best I can do o help you.

Ok, I have a menu so far and soon, (maybe tomorrow) I’ll add it to the BETA level with the save. I also have a new story, which I won’t reveal until I’m able to release the first play able game with 1 temple/dungeon and 1 boss, but here’s a screenshot. The .blend will be within the next BETA level demo, which will be the 2nd last, which will have the menu, save system along with another test scene to test scene to scene pass by. I have a script theory on scene to scene change and not starting at the beggining of the scene instead of the doorway to the next scene. i have a screenshot of what I mean on the bottom, too. :slight_smile: Enjoy guys!

Tell what you guys think of my thoery, hopefully it’s clear enough.

Attachments

Bump, please play my game :slight_smile: It got updates ;p, tell me what I need to fix before the next release, I also need I new AI script, (I mean the idol) instead of pathfinding because then I can’t use an empty to add another AI, it will automaticly follow the go to the first AI’s Path :S. I need help.

I finally have scene transferring done! Since nobody on the Support and Discussion forum didn’t help, or tell me they didn’t know how, I learned by myself. If you don’t know what I mean, here:

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=158261

In the attachments, I’ve put a example of what I mean. You can start from any scene, and when you touch the wall you’ll go to the other scene, and end up outside the door, instead of the beginning of the scene. You move with the arrow keys, and you can use this template in your games. If you want, and I would really appreciate it, credited me, it’ll make the only toddler on the forums happy :).

This next thing I’ll be working on is, the fade in and fade out of scenes, just so scene transferring is a bit more smooth.

Also, I’m proud to announce that, scene transferring and save/load will be in the next release of the data level, which will be hopefully by Sunday ;p! The next release will be the second last.

The last release will have a new AI script for patrolling and some extras like destructable items, potions and the little glitches that need to be fix!

Again, it’s not going to be easy to finish this project alone. I need help, but if none want to then, this project will take longer then it should. I have school, I have homework, I have a life, and I know all of you do, but if you can, on your spare time help me out, gice me some models or textures that will be great, at the end of the project, I will ask for a show of the people who helped so that they can be credited properly.

Ok, long post! Thanks for all your support for whoever helped so far.

Take care guys! :smiley:
Linkxgl

Attachments

SceneTransferTest.blend (169 KB)

Hmmm. I was11 when i started blender… Im old now.

Lets get started (excuse me for mistakes. Im on my iPhone)
Menu is as ugly as my butt.
Forest needs scrapped.
And write your own damn AI!!! You said you could. So do it. Who cares if it sucks!!!

When i needed ai for my game (RTS Game too) i disconnected my internet. That my friend was the day i honed my python skills.

Go learn python. Then i’ll be happy to assist you in making AI.

what is wrong with you people saying AI is hard?!? Its verrry easy. Mg fav part or making a game la programming the ai. Because your creating a personality.

Don’t take thus peesonally. I lecture many to learn python.

Bye

That’s not exactly constructive, what’s so ugly about it that can’t be fixed? And if it can be fixed, then why not tell him what you think needs fixing? And if you have a bit of spare time, why not help him fix it?

If you know about python, why don’t you offer to help him instead of offering to help him once helping him wouldn’t take any effort anymore.

And Linkxgl, just so I don’t seem like I’m shooting my mouth off, here, I’d be happy to help with whatever you need, so long as God’s willing. Just name what you need (except for programming, which I’m no good at :o).

sheesh linkxgl, how many people do you need to help you with the AI? I already am.

are you in a huge hurry or something?