Fat Monkey!

HAHAHAHAHAHA
http://server6.uploadit.org/files/Apothil-Fatmonket.jpg
It is crap but this is my !!!FIRST!!! blender with more than 1 shape!

see what you lot can do!

WARNING: not going to get flamed but you may not like this:

This i think reflects the mentality of most -

Newbies don’t post your first ever project especially if you know it is terrible. Wait till you know exactly what you are doing. By posting your first project and asking for help is like saying “write me brand new tutorials for newbies and teach me how to blend” when there are thousands of tuts out there and all you have to do is google search! :wink:

Now as far as the image goes. It needs work that may tutorials will tell you - turn OSA16 on add better lights and ue subsurf for those meses seeing they are so blocky. Also ekey allows you to extrude faces so you don’t have to match up the arms with tubes ro cylinders! Keep blending! :wink: [/i]

Umm…well…maybe if you work on it some it could be considered an actual post… For now its just junk. My comments shouldn’t be taken offensively, but there is no effort put into this. And Im quite sure your being sarcastic.

I would recommend you to render your image… 8)

A man once put a chimp on a tricycle, and told him to ride through paint and over a canvas, and called the result ‘art’.

Warning: YOU MAY GET FLAMED

Can I just say, SHUT THE FUCK UP. Posting their first thing they do IS the most important. We’re not another gang of damn snob cg artist like on cgtalk. this is a community, we are helping each other out. remember that part??? By posting his first ever thing, he can receive bunch of comment that will IMPROVE his work and REDUCE the time needed to learn new things…

2nd, most of the comment you made are completly stupid. From the image we see, he didn’t even render the pic…so there is simply no osa, no lighting.

argh…who’s the n00b in here?? you most likely sound like one at this very moment…

So yea, well welcome to the world of blender! and don’t worry about posting most of your new stuff here, it’s one of the way to learn!

For the arms and leg, you seems to just have added a bunch of tube and put them together. it’s the wrong way to do it. Keep only 1tube, go in edit mode (tab), select all the vertices (dots) on one end of the tube using the b key on your keyboard (box select…just draw a box around the vertices). Then press G and move those vertices away to create a longer tube.

Also you could add a lamp (space bar menu–>add–>lamp). Place it in front of your model or wherever you want. In the light menu, you can select it as a spot and rotate it so it fix your model. Then you in display menu (f10). Find the OSA button, under it, select 16 (highest number of sample). Choose the resolution of the image you want to be rendered (SizeX and SizeY). then be sure that Shadow is clicked and press the big RENDER button…OR press F12

this should give you a nice first rendered image! :smiley: congrats

noiw if you want to save it to your hard drive, in the display menu, look for the output file type (it’s a drop down menu near the bottom right of the menu) choose jpeg or watever you want…then press F3 select your directory and write in your name of the image (example: firstrender.jpg)…important, don’t forget to write the .jpg :wink: (even if I think blender do it automaticly now…anyway)

X-Warrior,

I understand that putting your first image up is important but make sure it is a good one (the best you can do at the time) Posting your first real work not just stuff you have made while learning is what i was getting at - i didn’t mean it to be rude or mean just a future reference - it looks already that he is going to be a good artist!

Keep up the good work! :wink:

it a wip forum post what ever you want (as long as you are going to keep working on it and improve it)… if it was the fp forum it was different.

X-warrior’s right on on this one. Sure it needs alot of work, but at least he tried. And was brave enough to post it.

i agree i guess… %|

not the issue if you ask me… the thing is that this is a WIP forum, as long as this work is going to be improved than hell, if it was an fp it was a bit trobelsom… works still have to be in a certin level. If you are a newbie learn a bit before posting. But if you want to share with us youre learning expirience I think this is the best place to post.

not the issue if you ask me… the thing is that this is a WIP forum, as long as this work is going to be improved than hell, if it was an fp it was a bit trobelsom… works still have to be in a certin level. If you are a newbie learn a bit before posting. But if you want to share with us youre learning expirience I think this is the best place to post.[/quote]

That is what i meant! Don’t show us your progress as you learn but show us the results of what you have learned! :wink: I’ll try to articulate better next time! Sorry!

OK. PEOPLE PEOPLE, calm down!
I don’t care what you think but i need you to tell me what to do next!

OK everyone?

I dont know what to do so lets not shout and all tell me what to do next!
Thanxs

:Z :Z

Well, for one, smooth the meshes but hitting SetSmooth in the edit buttons. Then:

Hey Prince, aren’t you the one who started the Suzanne thread and then posted your own “albino” Suzanne which seemed to be simply Suzanne with a white texture and black eyes, rendered at like 320 x 240? Heck, that was a fine beginning post, no one told you to hold off and not post 'cause you hadn’t learned anything other than how to turn Suzanne white.

I like the fat monkey! Sure, it needs work, which has been detailed, but this could be funny. Heh. Suzanne with a weight gain problem.

My only porblem was that they didn’t go to much effort to learning anything before posting. They just kind of threw something up there, and said help me. Maybe not in those exact words, and it doesn’t really bother me. Just kind of wanted to point that out. But sense this is starting to go off topic, here are some tutorials I think you should have read before posting:

https://blenderartists.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4624

:wink: Good luck, welcome to blender, and have fun.

Ataryu, you’ve done some neat things and continue to. Prince makes white monkeys then is mean to newbies. That is more specifically what bothered me.

OK. PEOPLE PEOPLE, calm down!
I don’t care what you think but i need you to tell me what to do next!
OK everyone?
I dont know what to do so lets not shout and all tell me what to do next!
Thanxs

So you don’t care what we think but you want our help? %|

Ok…

Go do some tutorials and stop wasting space.

[!]

Hey, this suzanne is neat :stuck_out_tongue: despite that she is made in 5 secs… it has a feel… you can make a more detailed one with the specifications as said earlier…

You know… this forum had it’s white boxes, checked spheres with arms, and lots of stuff which you do when you dont have an idea… those threads were the biggest threads ever in Elysiun, i think, so people are just oversensitive for that stuff.

Next time before you start blender just sit over a piece of paper and try to make something more personal, but this joke wasn’t bad, i had fun :stuck_out_tongue:

keep blending :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeonil

yes but that was for everyone to post there modiied suzanna not just something i was working on - i made it to use as an avatar! but let’s not take this all of topic lets’ help the guy out. :wink: