Fight Scene Animation Project

Hello! My name in Marcelo, I’m a graphic designer/illustrator from Brazil and Im in the process of learning Blender since 2021.

I wish to create a YouTube channel to post series of fight scene animations and I would like to share my first “finished” work here to get any kind of help, critiques and tips!

I am not good in rigging/animating yet, therefore I am still using ready-made animations strips taken from MIXAMO. My initial focus is to learn camera work and special effects.

Thanks in advance!

10 Likes

Not a bad start, I would suggest you try to focus on story telling, think in terms of pacing/tempo, and also who these guys are and why they are fighting. Even if you don’t explain it to the viewer, at least it will help you make decisions as to how the fight should go and it will feel more intentional and create tension and also guide your camera work.

2 Likes

thank you very much for the analysis and for the great tips! I agree with you about the story telling, I didnt make any kind of background for that animation. I am still focusing on learning the tools and techniques. I am alredy working on a new animation and hopefully it will be better than the last one, and the next will be better, and so on!

1 Like

Congratulations, this work has been nominated for the ‘Best of Blender Artists 2022’ award in the #vfx category! You can vote for it here.