final fantasy/DOThack MMO

I’ve played all the way through FF9 (didnt beat the very last boss :frowning: ) . So I’m familiar with Zidane and those characters. Also with all the citys that are in those games. Dot hack not so much.

Im sure that once the website gets up people will be a little more willing to join, or if a well known blenderhead joins.

Me

strongbad: cool, then we’ll put you to work on final fantasy IX modeling. Can you start working on the city Treno?

ender.saka: Welcom to the project. How familiar with final fantasy or DOThack are you?

Eh, eh. Not to much. I have seen some friends playing with FF X (I think) on a Playstation. I know base aspects of the gameplay and I see graphics.
Of DOThack, I have just seen screenshots online.

But if I can help (in the spare time) to do some world part it would be interesting.

The only thing I do not understand is if this is the only place about this project or if you already have a homepage and/or some screenshots? Also thecnical specs… basically more informations.

ender.saka: It’d be possible to still model the world even though you haven’t ever played a final fantasy game. You said that you have seen people play X so you have an idea of the style. However, I will recomend that you play one. While you are playing it pay special attention to the areas; the Cities, the towns, the dungons, and the field.

Yes, this is the only thing online about the game. We are working on the web page, but it won’t be up for a little while. I was just going to make something simple and put it up, but then I decided if we want people to take us more seriously we will have to have a better page. Since I have been buissy lately, Aeromir said he would make the page. I’ll be done with drumline in 2 weeks, so if he doesn’t get the page done by then I’ll finish it.

pics? alrighty. I don’t have any pics of my things… because they aren’t finished, but I do have pics of the things lirmont sent me. If anyone else has pics of models for the project post them. :smiley:

Do you wanna give us the password this time %| ?

Good.

pics? […]
http://darkabstraction.com/showOff/ffr/summons/procne/procne_wip-006.jpg
http://darkabstraction.com/showOff/ffr/enemies/bomb/bomb_wip-013.png

I cannot enter in there because it asked me for a username and password.

same here =D

ehh…dont worry hell get to it…=D

Sorry about that

Nice but they look pretty highpoly.

Yea, they are pretty high in poly count, but they can be easily reduced.

I made a chaos gate last night, so If someone starts working on a root town let me know and I’ll send a blend file of the gate (for those of you who don’t know, the chaos gate is what teleports you to the dungeons and fields from the root town)

I have a great idea. Lets make Juno the center city (since it’s in just about every final fantasy game) We’ll have chaos gates connected to all of the other root towns from there. Instead of going from root town to root town from the same gate.

What’s everyone working on right now?

Nothing, cause I haven’t get any pics yet.

Ok I’ve seen the models.

But still unable to visualize how world would be.

Everything would be exactly like FF X? Any design, concept or story?

I think that is necessary to understand exactly what to do and to plan a precise TODO list for the next step.

Things needed are:

Story
GamePlay
Characters
Places
Environment

And than

Concepts (enviroment, characters ecc)
Model Sheets
3D Models
Textures
Music

Of course my list is incomplete, and is considered just from the point of view of design and concept, not coding, but gives a first idea.

Justin have you got the base domain set up for the site yet? as soon as you get me the base and the information i can begin setting up the web page. also if anyone has ideas for the page (nothing too crazy) that they believe should be implemented, just post on here and ill see what i can do. i was thinking a side bar image selection screen that would change the second half of the page to show the selected image designs. either that or if the bandwidth is limitted, perhaps just a basic bar design page by page site. any ideas are appreciated…

Ps. get on the ball Justin!!! lol

Yea, I know. I don’t have a scanner. I’m gonna see what I can do with my digital cam. I should have them to you by tommorow morning, if not then than tommorow night.

ender.saka: okay, lets see if this helps.

story: still in the making, lp_developer and I are working on it. We’ll post it when everything is worked out :smiley: keep in mind that this game is an mmo so it isn’t going to have a constant story going. The story will be quest based.

Gameplay: Ummm, I would suggest checking out the .hack//sign anime and playing some of the game for playstation. It will explain it to you completely

Characters: Just like in every other mmo

Places: There are root towns with a chaos gate in every one. The chaos gates lead to the fields which lead to the dungeons. Here are the root towns… Mac Anu, Dun Loriea ( I’m still unsure of the spelling of this one), Carmina Gadelica, Fort Ouph, Juno, Luca, Esthar, Midgar, and Treno. Some of them are from DOThack, some of them are from Final Fantasy.

I hope that helped fill in some of the gaps. Let me know if there is anything else you need to know :smiley: I’ll search for some concept art and stuff tommorow.

:o :o :o
There are many MMO out there. And all of them are different from each other.

Places: There are root towns with a chaos gate in every one. The chaos gates lead to the fields which lead to the dungeons. Here are the root towns… Mac Anu, Dun Loriea ( I’m still unsure of the spelling of this one), Carmina Gadelica, Fort Ouph, Juno, Luca, Esthar, Midgar, and Treno. Some of them are from DOThack, some of them are from Final Fantasy.

But, are you taking names directly from FF X and DOThack? So are you doing simply a “fan art MMO” or a project inspired by them?

I’ll search for some concept art and stuff tommorow.

Where do you take concepts from? Directly from FF X and DOThack?

Sorry, I do not want to critique your work, but I am beginning to think that I have completly misunderstood the aim of your project.

hmmm, what did you think we where going for?

Yes, we are taking things directly from Final Fantasy and DOThack.

Here are some pics to give you an idea of the setting and some features of the game…

here is a chaos gate in the root town carmina gadelica… http://www.dothackers.net/hacksign02.jpg

here is a mount called a grunty in the root town dun loriea… http://www.dothackers.net/hacksign01.jpg

throw a weapon in here and that thing will pop out and give you something new… http://neogurus.net/screenshots/dot_hack_SIGN/screens/ep-1/hack_ep-1_004.jpg

there is a treasure chest at the end of every dungeon… http://home.austin.rr.com/tsote/dothack/chest_1_t.jpg

this is what it looks like when you stumble onto a monster… http://membres.lycos.fr/romch/imageneshack/portal.jpg

Oh i just found out how that root town is spelled its … dun lorie a…

I thought you are going to do a MMOG inspired by Final Fantasy and DOThack, and not a copy of them!

I think I completly misunderstood your aims. This kind of project is not interesting for me. I was looking for something original.

I’m sorry. Consider me out of the project.

Nice to meet you and good luck.