final fantasy/DOThack MMO

Considerd giving us an ID and pass?[/quote]

Sorry, lirmont just gave me the password. I don’t think anyone is doing anywork on there anymore anyway. lirmont just gave me the password so I could check out his models and that he could send me the blend files. We will have our own site up soon enough and lp_developer will be setting up the network for it.

You can look at that picture here:

Thanks,
–lir

Great model. How many tris?

What weapons do you need? And which kind of characters?

Thank you lirmont

robin: I love your enthusiasm. I’ve got Aeromir working on weopons so I want your primary focus to be on characters. However, if you reach a mental block or something feel free to work on whatever you want. It’s just that, at this point, we don’t have many people on the project so we need to spread ourselves out as evenly as we can. lp_developer and I have decided to make the characters DOThack style (use the DOThack game seriese as reference) with final fantasy clothing (most likely VII since it is the center of the story line). We have also talked about multiple races. I mentioned the races from final fantasy XI, but lp_developer, as well as I, thought maybe that would be overkill. So the multiple race thing is still in discussion, I just thought I would let everyone know what was going on.

anyone out there interested in world building?

Ok, gonna try to make characters only then. I searched for .hack on wikipedia and found only one pic of the game so I will probably do characters from the Anime. More than one race would be too much you know I am still in the Blender monthly contest.

robin: Thats cool. We are still debating on the multiple races. If they are going to be in it it’ll be later so don’t stress. Ummmm, it’d be fine to model the charaters after the anime, but you can find some good screens of the game at www.rpgamer.com .

If we go with multiple races we need to make sure we focus on opposite spectrums (eg. elves & humans = good spectrum Ogres & other beasts = bad spectrum.) also, we need to decide on how the pvp portion of this game will be made… it is inevitable to try to make a teamwork only kind of game… people will eventually cheat to kill each other no matter how hard we try to stop it… just look at Phantasy Star Online’s history… %|

Aeromir: I have already touched base on the pvp, but I’ll expain it again in more detail. The game will be pvp every where, even in the root towns. You can kill other players anywhere you want, but you are not aloud unless you are in a place like the battle square in the golden saucer. The knights (chrimson, terror, or chaos, which ever one or multiples we use) are there to moniter the game and making sure players aren’t making ilegal actions. Like I said, I am wanting to make it as much like the anime as we can.

If were going all out pvp then we need safe areas some places out in the field… havent you ever been playing an MMO and after making your new character just had to go take a piss really bad? I would be pissed off to come back to see my guy was dead and someone had stolen all my shyt!

Oh, of course we’ll have safe havens. Aerith’s church is one of them. As for in the middle of a field, I don’t know. It’s a great idea, but what would the safe place be? Also, if a player is cought making ilegal actions, such as murder, they will have to spend some time in the desert prison. Meaning, even if they log out and then back in thier character will still be in jail.

Possible safe areas could be a type of small encampments out in the field with a few npcs and a couple tents or something for looks… nothing big, just a small place to take refuge from players and beasts.

Hmmm, maybe some npc knights that take your weapons before you enter?

hmm… i dont believe that would work… even without weapons the high lvl chars could kill noobs… best option would be to just disable attacking in certain areas. but yes have a knight or two to stop creatures from entering.

Yes, disable the ability to attack, but also take thier weapons. Just to add a little more realism.

This sounds like a cool project. I would be interested in helping out. It sounds like you guys are spread a little thin :wink: . I could give a go at modeling some characters for ya. I’ve never done any game modeling though. I’ve only played ff9 so I’m not familiar with the others games you guy’s have been talking about.

There is some of my stuff (not all of it) if you want to get a feel of where I am.

err…i have no problem with you joining…justin ur opinion?

It’s cool if he wants ta join. Since robin is kinda tied up and can’t work on multiple races we can put him to work on that. That is if it is characters he is wanting to work on. However, I would like it if he could help us create the world for now. How about it strong bad? are ya up ta world building?

okay, I’m gonna update my very first post on this thread with the peoples names on the project every time someone new joins up.

Sure, whatever you need me to work on I can. I’m going to be out of town until March 16. So i can start working then. Just pm me some references or ideas on what I should do. By world building Im assuming you mean terrian or something.

Are you any closer to getting your website up?

strongbad:I’m not quite sure about the website. Aeromir was more intersted in it than I was so I’m letting him make it. How familiar with final fantasy or dot hack are you?