Finding and fixing small GE bugs

Sure. I’ll make tests for both my bugs. I’ll post them to the thread later today.

No problem. I’ll make tests for both of the bugs and post them here later today.

^ oops. I didn’t mean for that to happen. How do you delete a post in vbulletin?

Anyway,
I’m embarrassed to say that I made a test file for the message-IPO bug this morning-- and discovered that that bug has already been fixed! Oops. I guess you’re off the hook on that one!

I also made a test file for the track to bug, which is not fixed:
www.gorilla3d.com/plantperson/trackto_bug.blend
Thanks again!

Hello malCanDo,
thank you for this new blender.exe (12.12.06), it’s very close to my expectation (what we have in 2.41), …but the need is also necessary for the Message sensor, which should output a fugitive even too.
Keleido

Hi Keleido,

Can you check the latest blender.exe ( same link, http://www.candointeractive.com/blender/blender.zip - windows build ) to see if the bug is fixed for you now?

Regards…
Mal

Hello malCanDo
Thank you very much, this version is fully ok, my application (NC simulator) works again like in 2.41… now I have no more good reason to do not carry on it
;o)
I hope you can integrate this fix in the next 2.43 version
Best regards and happy new year with the GE
Keleido

There is a bug to the TrackTo Actuator. If base object and the tracked object share two coords e.g. x1 = x2 and y1 = y2 then the base object get infinity orientation. Check and this thread : http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=85822

It seem not specific with 2.43RC1 but as it seem realy bizare and still making problem, maybe it’s good to look at this issue :

I get a segfault when lauching the GameEngine with geometry imported from 3dsmax.

We tried different format (3ds, obj, fbx) and different version of blender (2.42a windows and linux on 2 different machine as well as 2.43RC1 on linux)

here is a sample after some manipulations that still make it segfault.

http://outthere.be/test3b5.blend
It has been saved by 2.43RC1 on ubuntu dapper with duocore (with standard i386 build)
I don’t know what is making a problem… it’s quite ennoying …

does anybody has the same problem ? or not ?

another bug :
Near sensor set warning in console ( warning btCollisionDispatcher::needsCollision: static-static collision!)

Problem: The collision sensor will not detect static to static object collision in bullet physics.

More info and .blend file are in the .zip

Download the .zip here

hey if this thread is still being worked on i have a bug, it has to do with game engine python, but it’s still a ge bug.

ok if you save a function or a class into gamelogic the builtin functions and methods dont work like umm…

def myFunction(x):
   for xLoop in range(x): #this will not work since range is builtin
      print xLoop

print GameLogic #this will not work either since gamelogic is builtin in the ge

and i’ll upload a .blend

http://www.rogepost.com/n/0280283902

I have a fun parenting bug.

I’ve created this blend entirely in 2.43. I’d like to see if anybody can reproduce it on your computers.
www.antilimits.net/sam/whatthehell.blend

Create a blender scene, delete everything except the default plane or object.

In the gamebuttons, add a collision sensor. blank or you can put something in it, as long as there’s a collision sensor on the object.

Now create an empty or any other object.

Parent the original shape (the one with the collision sensor) onto the empty.

Move the empty sideways a few notches.

Press play…

Annnnd watch the plane skyrocket to the side.

Note that the problem goes away when the collision sensor is removed, and that the problem only occurs when the parent object is moved from its original position when its child was first parented.

um…the alpha-sorting bug? Heh, not sure how difficult that would be to fix, im guessing pretty difficult. Because as it is now, there is no reliable(and practicle) way for proper alpha-sorting in blender what so ever…

All this GLSL and OGRE stuff is great, but it seems almost pointless to me if something so reutamentary(and extremely detrimental to visuals) is still not working correctly. I dunno, will ogre integration fix this? Hopefully…

um...the alpha-sorting bug?

try using a blender material set to tex face… and turn on ZTransparency… it appears to fix faces appearing on top of each other in the wrong order… most of the time I think… well it worked for me…

try using a blender material set to tex face… and turn on ZTransparency

there is no reliable(and practicle) way for proper alpha-sorting in blender what so ever…

If you do that it destroys your framerate, especially if you have alot of alpha textures or just a large project in general. That method is extremely ineffeciant. I think this is one of the major things the GE is lacking in…just this rudimentary stuff like proper alpha-sorting, and object count limitations.

Is there any way to enable v-sync in blender? In every game that has the option I enable it, in order to avoid that horrible tearing that occurs otherwise. I would really like v-sync to be an option in blender.

this is not possible