Flexi Bezier Tool

I just tried it and it’s very laggy just selecting the color make heavy lag. Also to be useful it need to be able to assign individual color for each curves because this way you color one curve and all the rest get the same color.

But it’s surely a very good start.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the test result. Let me see if I can improve the performance and include the requirement of selectively setting the color. I am working on some other enhancements right now. So I will look into this after I am done with them.

Do keep sharing your valuable inputs :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is the behavior i would want if possible ;

2 Likes

I will rest assure since i will use your addon in my daily work! :ok_hand:

1 Like

Please check out the new enhancement…
New Grease Bezier & Uniform Subdiv in Bezier Toolkit Add-on

2 Likes

This is implemented in the latest version (0.9). You can align the handles by selecting the handle point and pressing K.
More comprehensive handle functionality is coming soon :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hello Everyone!

The Flexi Edit Bezier tool will make working with curves in 3d space of Blender more fun than in 2d SVG editors :slight_smile:

Here’s the preview video: https://youtu.be/80ZLjjgwPAw

The tool will be available for download in about 10 days.

Update:
The tool is now available. Please see this thread: Flexi Edit Bezier Available for Download

20 Likes

Looks really nice! Keep us posted on download availability.

1 Like

Sure, I will.

Wow :sauropod:

1 Like

That looks super handy! Good job :>

1 Like

Pretty awesome. Can we devide point, chamfer/bevel point ?

1 Like

Not sure about chamfer, but the end point handles of the straight segments created by Flexi Draw have some length by default, so with Flexi Edit if you drag this line segment to create a curve, it will have some smoothness anyways as can be seen in the demo (not sure if I understand your question right).
But overall I think, the tool will not disappoint you :slight_smile:
Really excited to share it with you guys!

2 Likes

I for one am excited about this addon. What a difference it will make. Thanks Khemadeva.

1 Like

Same here.

1 Like

Giving finishing touches and taking care of some pesky error conditions.
Maybe just another week… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This looks like a very useful tool.

2 Likes

Hello Everyone!
As announced earlier, the new version of Bezier Utilities Toolkit (ver 0.8) with the Flexi Edit Bezier tool is available for download now!
With Flexi Edit Bezier you can edit a Bezier curve by dragging a point on it, move handles and end points and add and delete vertices on any location of the curve.

This tool complements Flexi Draw Bezier, which is part of the same toolkit.

Overview video: https://youtu.be/enQHGmluQIw
Download location: https://github.com/Shriinivas/blenderbezierutils
Download File: blenderbezierutils.py

Suggestions, feedback and bug reports are welcome :slight_smile:

20 Likes

That’s great, thanks!
Still have the problem with disable/enable addon to make it work after Blender restart. Have to wait for this, I guess? https://developer.blender.org/T60766

Bigger size for the points would be awesome. Don’t know if it has anything to do with retina display on my mac. Right now it’s easier to enter edit mode to see better the standard bezier handles which are bigger than the Flexi Edit in Object mode. (image attached below)

Keep it up!

1 Like

Wohoo,

An absolute pearl for me, your addon enhances working with curves very much - and then also for free, but I would like to have the possibility to support you on Gumroad and to support you with your projects (maybe 0+?). Thank you very much for sharing your work and ideas with us! Your introduction is also very good.

I already have a request:
Can you give us the possibility to change the tab name in the addon preferences? I have many addons (like many others) and like to organize them the way I want. This becomes really confusing, so I change the tabs directly in the .py.

This is how Meta-Androcto solved it with its built-in addon ‘Edit Mesh Tools’:

preferences

Really would be great if you could put that in. : )

2 Likes