Framerate issue when armature has parent with dynamic collision enabled in upbge 0.3

Hi,
My armature is set to “No Collision” & parented to a cube.

When the cube has dynamic collisions enabled, the framerate drops to half. From 60fps to 30fps.

When “No collision” is set on the cube the framerate goes back to 60fps.

I saw in the thread below that upbge 0.3 made changes to the armature system that causes a drastic speed hit when using the Armature modifier.

I don’t see though how my setup would be affected by those changes. Even when no animations are playing and no deformations are happening, just having the armature parented to a dynamic object is causing a halving of framerate.

From my tests so far in upbge 0.2.5 it seems like this problem doesn’t exist, but I’d like to know if there’s any solution to this in upbge 0.3.

Link to upbge 0.3 file:

I’m trying to find the most stable option for shipping a game in BGE/UPBGE. It seems like upbge 0.3 might have to be ruled out & it’s between UPBGE 0.2.5 & BGE 2.79b.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

upbge 0.2.5 due to bge 2.79 is outdated, upbge is build from where bge was left to die.

1 Like

I’ll try UPBGE 0.2.5 and see how stable & performant it is. Like you said it’s the continuation from bge 2.79 so it would have newer features, but hopefully it’s at least as stable if not more.

It would be helpful if the UPBGE didn’t list 0.3 as the main stable version on their site since it’s clearly not for my pretty straightforward use case. Would save potential users from wasting their time using it over 0.2.5.

Thanks for the reply.

1 Like

@Knowing post a screenshot of the resource usage

it helps debug what is going wrong.

I have not seen what you are describing

“It would be helpful if the UPBGE didn’t list 0.3 as the main stable version on their site since it’s clearly not for my pretty straightforward use case”

What are your specs of your PC?

is it using openGL from this decade?