Free Script Sundays - Free Add-ons

Hi, you can add a shortcut for it, I did a quick test and put Alt + Q

Hello, here you can find the solution.

2 Likes

Sorry for being super late.
But I made this last night. Please give it a try and let me know if it works.
Default IE.zip (4.6 KB)

3 Likes

Thanks a lot, but when I choose Metric, the default is meters, and for Imperial, the default is Feet. So I have to change it again to centimeters/inches… Is there a way of making centimeters the default for the Metric then?

1 Like

Thank you so much for the link. I missed the region override part that’s why it did not work. I have now included the region override and it seems to be working.
@Juso3D
Here is the addon:
Auto Highlight in Outliner.zip (2.1 KB)
Enable ‘Auto Highlight’ under the filters dropdown of the outliner

I haven’t done much testing so if there is any issue please let me know.

8 Likes

Hmm that’s true, didn’t noticed. I will take a look.

3 Likes

Here is a little Addon.
SwitchUnits.py (3.6 KB)
Simply install the py file and set up default length units in the addon preferences for both the Metric and the Imperial systems.
Then Press ‘D’ to switch between them( Change the hotkey in the addon preferences if you need to ).

4 Likes

That is just perfect, I cannot thank you enough!

1 Like

Hi Amandeep. How about a script to turn rectangle to kitchen cabinet like this?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ8aMsX_u2k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ8aMsX_u2k

1 Like

what does the auto highlight do ?

2 Likes

THANK YOU for the Default IE script! I tested it and it works, but I did notice that if you have any addons that add to the Import/Export panel they are no longer in the list (ie:Better FBX Exporter). Any easy way to add these back? I also noticed .bvh in the list when enabled, but missing when disabled.

Thanks again for all your super helpful addons!

1 Like

Thanks so much guys, never knew about the overrides.

1 Like

Here is an updated version.
Default IE v1.1.0.zip (6.9 KB)

To add any other import/export operator go to the preferences and click Add new Export/Import operator.
Enter the name you want to use and the operator id which you can get by hovering over any operator and pressing CTRL+C. (Remove the bpy.ops. and the brackets part.)

1 Like

Automatically expands the outliner to show the objects selected in the viewport.

2 Likes

HI Titan911,
It seems complex but I will take a look in the future.
Thanks for the suggestion

2 Likes

Hi, I did a small test yesterday, sadly I’m relying too much on operators (still noob), but I got working the first part. no UI or any user input, just wanted to see how feasible it is.

ezgif.com-gif-maker

1 Like

Geometry Nodes approach is also good.

6 Likes

This is PERFECT! Thank you so much for this addition, now I don’t have to wait for minutes when I accidentally forget to check “Selected Objects” or forgot to change my preset. :smiley:

One super small tweak, could you make “default” not case sensitive? I accidentally named one preset Default and it wouldn’t auto load.

Thanks again!

2 Likes

Here you go
Default IE v1.2.0.zip (2.8 KB)

2 Likes

Thanks again for this script and adding the ability to load custom import/exports to the list!

2 Likes