Freeik

This looked good but name appears to be intentionally misleading.
Squid-IK, Full-IK, Dyna-IK; plenty of other relevant IK names to use that is also accurate to the product.
I wanted to try it but I don’t have money and the price is still a big ask (for my pocket).

I’ve also been burnt on paid addons that turned out to be useless for my actual usage.

Which is why I have to "ask" you a bunch of things instead of just going and figure it out myself (which is my preference)

Questionnaire:
  • What does this do from a technical standpoint?
    • I do lots of bpy, so I wanted to look at the code before actually trying to run it but that’s not an option available to me.
    • I was mostly under the impression that it used a function in a handler to continuously transform bones for the desired effect, like Jiggle Armature does.
      But then I noticed when initialized, constraints are added to the bones.
    • What purpose would those constraints serve, and how significant were they.
      I’m left to completely speculate based on numerous possibilities.
  • What about beyond/without the addon?
    • I send my animation files to someone else for their own external usage. They already hate having to download Blender to view the files, worrying about them also having a required addon running is too much.
    • Even if they had it, how does disabling the system work. Can you bake an animation without altering anything (remove pins/constraints/whatever).
  • How does keyframe insertion work?
    • One of your documentation sections said something about a "second" rotation and then you suggested people use your free keying set addon.
    • You seem to manually insert keyframes for these demos however I ALWAYS use auto-keyframing when animating.

• Would you be willing to make a trade for this?
    • Essentially my offer is you give me this for 0 moneys and I make it backwards compatible with 2.7 for you.
      
    • I’ve done a lot of cross-version setup for my things, so the way I see it, the reason it’s not cross-version is one of two reasons:
      1. You don’t feel it’s worth the time/effort
      2. You do some particularly tricky or very specific things that aren’t technically possible in 2.7
    • If it’s the second, then obviously there would be nothing for me to do.
    • However if it’s the first, then that just leaves whether or not it’s worth giving the addon away to someone, to have it supported.
      • The way I do my code, is setup just like 2.7 but everything is initial tested in and for 2.8. After they’re verified to work, I simply re-test in 2.7, and only alternate at very specific points for the difference in the versions.
      • So, basically the code would work interchangeably between versions, and sections that specifically differ between versions would be easy to find.

If you decline my request, then these questions should suffice enough for me to ask other questions, with a clearer understanding.

1 Like