Gameboy Color

My latest project! :upside_down_face:
I found an object that made me remember my childhood: the legendary gameboy color!
I decided to faithfully replicate it in 3d in all its details.
it was a great opportunity to learn new texturing and rendering workflows
This is a personal project created in my spare time.

Here are some animations and still frames i did, hope everyone like it!

Modeling and animations in Blender
Texturing in Substance painter
Render in Cycles
Postproduction in Affinity Photo and Davinci Resolve

On this link on Behance you will also find some Cinematic and Turntable animations, please check it out if you want :grin:

And some wireframes renders

81 Likes

Lovely to behold, and very impressive.

Wow! That’s JEDI level modelling. Amazing!

1 Like

That’s some impressive quad modeling! The texturing is great too!

1 Like

Thanks a lot! :grin:

1 Like

This is awseome… if there wouldn’t be the wireframe renders someone could think nice photos. The dirt the scratches… PERFECT :star_struck:

2 Likes

That is such a nice model! Brings back a lot of nostalgia too. :grinning:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thanks a lot @bartv
Really appreciate this!

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

This out of this world level of modelling!

2 Likes

Awesome modelling and render. Great attention to details :raised_hands: :raised_hands: :raised_hands:

1 Like

Absolutely impressive job! :+1:and you did not forget some fingerprints :sunglasses:

1 Like

Very realistic, I wanted to buy a gameboy and play Pokemon: D

1 Like

amazing work man. like this nice topology.

1 Like

Your textures and shaders are outstanding!

1 Like

definitely a great model. but i think to be perfect you should have added a bit of dirtiness

1 Like

He indeed has done it! Look the vol, onoff, ext. part. He even added the grime around the textgeometry.
The case it self, except the edges and corners, does look a bit clean and brandnew compared to the rest. But holding my original in my hand and comparing it to his model, it really looks pretty damn good.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for all those compliments. I used a real Gamboy as reference so i tried to be as much accurate as possible in the modeling process triying to match the 1:1 real reference tanking some photos with smathphone and used as references images in blender as always. :grin:

For the dirtiness part I could have added a little more dirt on the body in general but the result did not convince me very much, it seemed really too “used”, so in the end I opted for a used but cleaner look. :upside_down_face:

Anyway i can try a more dirty version why not

Thanks a lot @bartv
I appreciate a lot :+1: :grin: