GeNiTale III

Thats some kick-ass freaky shizzle you got goinn on ther! :yes: Lol

stunning. great model from the beginning, but the veins are what really got me going. they add so much more life to it.

the textures are the most impressive part (though i can find no fault in the modeling) but i can’t tell if you were going to texture the fingernails properly or leave them as is. i suggest the former.

perhaps the eye could have some more redness around the edges?

keep it up, and please keep us posted :smiley:

julz

Yop yop the update… step by step… it’s long.

http://caron.yann.free.fr/blender/GeNiTaleIII_008.jpg

Oh I think I might HURL!!

But it will be worth it! Looks terrible but is great man! Great model and great texturing!

Thanks a lot for your reply.
I’ve gote some problem actually with skinning

I can hear my mother’s voice from the past “Why don’t you draw nice pictures?”.

Nice concept, model and render albeit a little disturbing:eek:

Excellent Stuff, coming along nicely.

Just a few suggestions:

The skin tone needs to be a bit darker, and slightly more reddish. Perhaps there is too much SSS going on. Since the Hands look like they are made of Rubber. There seems to be too much SSS light coming through.

Another suggestion: I dont know if this is possible with Blender or not, since the eyball already uses Reflection, but would it be possible to put a slight SSS on the White of the Eyeball?

You are freaking good at this stuff! Excellent shader for the skin. First I thought it was too shiny, but it makes the skin something freaky. I like it!

Very disgusting but great fx. Very nice use of SSS.

Hehe the next

Thanks for replay.
I tried to darker the skin and begin the skinning. Blender is greate. In blender we trust

http://caron.yann.free.fr/blender/GeNiTaleIII_009.jpg

Haha, that is one mean looking hand you got there!! I mean, can you imagine one of those coming out of the cereal box in the morning? Make me think of the scene from the remake of the Thing, where the body parts split up and started walking towards another victim… :slight_smile:
Five stars isn’t the phrase, maybe five shotgun shell casings :slight_smile:
Awesome work, very nice!

This is really awesome work though you could lighten it a bit up (the version before the dark one was better there - but the darker one has more cool details, maybe mix them up?)

Thanks a lot for crits.
Yes it is too dark at the moment.

I’ve not really any time to do this perfectly so I try to gain time.
The render begin to be slow now. 35mn… rhaaaaa. It’s too long to test the sss and colors of the skin.

When ever i check up on the progress in here i come with my light blue blankie, just as a precaution . :spin: CyaNn its looking gross so far :evilgrin:…

I’m sure you’ve noticed but it seems the second finger on the right has escaped from its counterparts…

are you going to give your eye some eyelashes?

just a thought. :stuck_out_tongue:

looking grro cough good :smiley:

No, no eyelashes, I think it will render the monster too kind.
But I will play with some fur on the top of the hand and the fingers

For the fingers, there are not actualy skinned with the skeleton. I’ve just finnished the skeleton parenting and the differents constraints (IK, Floor and Track to)
But Skinning is more long to do. And the model cannot only be skinned with bones influences, so I’m forced to make skinnink with weigth painting.

That is soooooooooo cool, i thik a few eyelashes, maby with bits of flesh hanging off them would look cool,

Fantastic. There are some seams, however.

IK Setup is finish… yeah… And the half of skinning Rhaaa… what bowring works

http://caron.yann.free.fr/blender/GeNiTaleIII_IK.jpg

Ho No this night…

http://caron.yann.free.fr/blender/GeNiTaleIII_010.jpg

Pretty cool. Reminds me of the face huggers from Aliens(best sci-fi movie ever).

That being said, the eye’s shading looks slightly unnatural, compared to the fantastic shading of the hand. It could be the lighting, though.

Good job.