Geo-Scatter - 5.4 Scatter Groups

Is it possible to increase the 2D remesher over 6 subdivisions? Also, in some cases I get a rectangular quad, I’ve checked that my geometry scale is applied in those cases though it may still be a user error.

Thank you,

Hello
Not supported natively, it would be too slow, but you can enter edit mode and hit right click + W at any time

1 Like

@Benny_G check this out if you’re into building cities… I’m currently working on this. It’s an add on that creates 3D buildings randomly and distributes them around your scene in 3D.

1 Like

Is it normal to have to do the licence agreement every time blender is opened?

@mxharr did you save your addon-prefs?

Manually saved them and seems to be working now. Before auto-save was on and it wasn’t saving.

Hmmm that’s a first one :thinking:
Happy you problem is solved

Cheers

1 Like

Hey Guys
Little advise about the new geometry node in 2.92

→ skip it or wait until 2.93 LTS

unless you want to play a bit with it and learn the basics, try to avoid 2.92 geonode for serious work,
it’s extremely incomplete compare to what’s coming for 2.93.
Two of the main devs are actually concerned that most people will miss the true experience they are currently working on.

as for Scatter5
it will be released for 2.93 LTS

12 Likes

Hi!
Could you suggest type of simple grass for big area?

Hey @stakatch
You can search for the keyword “optimized” or “large” in the layer category

1 Like

Will Scatter 5 be getting the LOD setup like in this video?

https://youtu.be/7J-bpAvImfs

1 Like

thank you! it works!

It could but I’m afraid that LOD culling distance is completely useless for blender
(Cycles is extremely efficient with instances & blender is not a game engine)

Note that Vertex-Group free Frustrum Culling technique will be proposed :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Dorian, I have a little problem occurring with the camera clipping refusing to update when I have changed cameras, AND when I have moved the camera. In either case, Scatter is refusing to update the camera clipping mask data. This is even happening when I manually update the mask data.

I also have a problem where Scatter is refusing to scatter anything for a fairly large distance in front of the camera, even though there is no minimum distance for objects. Note the unscattered are in the foreground. Any suggested solutions?

Hey

I need a file,
hard to understand what went wrong just by reading this

I’ll need to find a way to transfer a file to you. I don’t use any of the transfer services like Dropbox. The file is currently 500 MB, The zip file in.7z format is 72.6 MB. If you wish to suggest optionsfor this, feel free to PM me.

you can send me a PM to the blendermarket
best transfer solution imo is wetransfer, & choose the share link option

PM sent at Blendermarket with Wetransfer link.

1 Like

Hi. I am using Scatter and Biomes to re create a forest patch. It looks really good, but when I animate the scene the biomes seem to change from frame to frame…like the plants are growing or changing…it looks like the seed parameter changes…? I did not animate anything in the Scatter plugin…is there any parameter by default that make the plants change?

Thank you

when I animate

is there any parameter by default that make the plants change?

Hey
Two possible solutions:
-You are moving your terrain and your clustering texture projection is set on Global
-You are using a mask that change your square area & as in scatter4 the particle count is fixed the density change (this issue will be fixed for Scatter5)

Cheers