Gilius = Thunderhead The Dwarf

Amazing work, well done!

This is… absolutely… fantastic…! Since you’ve gone to all this work to sculpt and paint, I think you should have a go at realistic cycles materials too! The realtime GLSL is a breath of fresh air in this community and holds up incredibly well, but I’d LOVE to see this textured. :smiley: Five stars, sir!

Wonderful. Loolk forward to seeing more.

<span style=“margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 19.6000003814697px; background: transparent;”>

[ATTACH=CONFIG]358160[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]358161[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

Thanks a Million :slight_smile:

@Torq, This project is near 9 milion verts, I find that the most impactful thing for acceleration is to enable vbo’s on the preferences. After that I just make sure to separate the meshes for as much as I can.
I have a decent machine:
amd eight core 4ghz,
16 gigs of ram,
GTX 650 ti 2GB

btw, no multires modifier here. I hope one day the multires modifier will not require retopology to be functional.

@Hansen, I’d love to get into more featured rendering as you mentioned and am considering cycles for a next project. The thing is, to get good results on rendering you need to spend a lot of time rendering and testing. I find realtime rendering a good solution when you want to simply and easily present your sculpts making sure most of your effort is dedicated to the craft of sculpting. physical Rendering takes a lot of time in shader development etc. that it is a craft of it’s own. I think also toolbag can be a good solution as well, but am not sure how many polys it can handle yet. Need to make more tests…

Wow. There should be a law against people who model that good or something :slight_smile:
Amazing…absolutely amazing!! Well done

לא מסוג הבחורים שהיית לוקח כמובן מאליו.
Not the kind of guy you want to take for granted.

@kfir Thanks for the reply. The VBO tip helped quite a bit. I keep forgetting about that one. I think the real problem that I am having is due to RAM. I got quite a bit better performance when I reduced my undos to 2 or 1024MB RAM. I have 8BG to your 16. Trying to decide if I want to spring for the RAM or not. I’m broke. :wink:

@Torq, happy the VBO tip helped you! I did upgrade from 8 to 16 gigs but dont think it will make a significant difference. It just allows you to not worry too much when stressing the system but performance speed is pretty much the same as far as my experience goes. Just make sure you work clean and 8 gigs should be good enough as far as I see it.

Thanks!

I can support this observation of kfir. 16GB gives you peace of mind with large .blend files with some hundred thousand vertices (coming from point clouds). My 8GB Laptop fails to open or process some of those large files. But processing speed is not increased by increased memory. When rendering blender shows you how much memory it uses. As long as you are within your real memory and your computer doesn’t start swapping processing speed should be fine.

Fantastic work! Now hook it up to a 3D printer and make a small fortune.

Golden Axe nostalgic fan-base is huge. They’d sell like warm tasty-cakes.

Amazing work!!

So Cool!!!

If this was a physical statue, then it would be the holy grail of Golden-Axe collectibles.

Incredible skill.

This is crazy awesome!! I wish I was a talented sculptor. lol.