Golden Cave

Hi guys, I wanted to share my latest personal project. I’ve started it a couple of months back and finally found some time in between work to finish it. The concept was to create something elegant using the beautiful combination of black and gold that I personally love. Everything was rendered in Cycles, 4000 samples and backed up with AI denoiser.

More images here:
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/JlmA3D
https://www.behance.net/gallery/93803617/Golden-Cave

95 Likes

I’ve just found out this project was featured on Evermotion:

10 Likes

Great job, mate!
Beautiful crisp images you were able to get…that light is really something.
Don’t really know why this didn’t get more attention. People are quieter around here these days I guess…

1 Like

Thanks mate, I really appreciate it! I don’t know either, I was hoping that maybe since we’re encouraged to stay home people would be more eager to discuss stuff on the internet.

Outstanding work! Really impressive!

I guess people are busy with their problems and are less present on the forum?

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

@dbalex Thank you! That makes sense as well.

@bartv Thanks a lot Bart, have a nice one too!

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Impressive, one of the best ive seen rendered in cycles, on par with anything on the corona forums :slight_smile:

3 Likes

mental, new in the forum, but so far the best I’ve seen in archviz here.

Hope someday somebody offer a course in archviz at this level.

3 Likes

Any chance you might share how you lit your scene and what you used for render settings?

1 Like

@bartv Thank you, Bart!

@Binke Thanks a lot mate, I really appreciate it. Corona feels like a benchmark of rendering quality for me so I’m glad it’s close.

@Bruno_Suraski Thank you so much and welcome! I’m not saying I won’t make one :wink:

@flimabotelho Sure! For my lighting, I used a blackbody node for the world set to the coolest color to simulate slightly overcast sky and a sunlamp with increased size to make the direct sunlight a bit softer than normally.

And here are my render settings:

3 Likes

Apart for the somewhat unorthodox bounce settings, nothing that complex in these settings, indeed. I’m always intrigued on how you are able to get such sharp renders on your interiors, especially with the reflections, so beautiful. Thanks for sharing that, mate.

1 Like

Great work, congrats.

1 Like

This chandelier is just stunning.

1 Like

Stunning work. Congratulations.

1 Like

my god! Stellar work! :smiley:

1 Like

You go heavy with the settings! :upside_down_face:
You must also have a very nice workstation.

Congratulations on your work, impeccable, as always!

1 Like

@flimabotelho Thanks, man! I think a lot of it comes down to the post-processing. I like to play with texture and clarity in Photoshop (sometimes too much). The bounce settings were a must here to get the glass to look more realistic (no black internal reflections) and to make sure there’re no black artifacts withing the grass on the table since it’s an alpha mask based material.

@ozgur1 @liell @Adam_Bengtsson Thank you, guys!

@Acrivec Glad you like it! I was a bit concerned whether it fits there but ultimately decided that it looks too good not to use it.

@Magogg Thank you so much! I don’t think I do actually but I feel like my GTX 1070 will need an upgrade someday.

2 Likes

First stunning render!!!

I was wondering do make all your materials and furniture/details yourself or do you buy them?

Best regards.

1 Like