Golden Hour Animation

Thank you very much! I’m honored to be one of the ones chosen.

1 Like

Very nice work on the materials and modeling. I think the DOF is fine.

1 Like

Love it! all of it! You nailed it completely! Congratulations!

1 Like

I just fell in love all over again with micro clock photography…
ah, yes! Nice modeling!

1 Like

I am curious if you made the gears accurate? Is the model complete?

The gears are mostly to scale, I modeled the watch based off a 45mm case diameter. The entire model is pictured below in a screen capture. Functioning wise, a few of the gears work correctly. The rest are just moved into place and animated for visual interest. I actually only have 3 gears in the whole watch, I just modified scale and thickness :grin:

Thanks! Congrats on your project breakdown, you have my $6 haha.

1 Like

It’s a good looking model. I think it would probably take knowledge of building clocks to model a whole.

1 Like

Hey man Thank you very much! I appreciate a lot your support. But I come here to congratulate you! hahaha Congratulation again!

1 Like

Excellent detail and rendering!
Only one thing about the animation - mechanical watches mostly have much smoother movement unlike 1 second steps of quartz watches.

1 Like

You clearly don’t do photography. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with the DOF in that animation.

There’s nothing wrong with the DOF. It shows that the watch is small, just like it’s meant to.

Excellent animation as well.

1 Like

It really depends on the watch. The minute hand can either jump, or creep. Or are you talking about the spring?

Great work!
but please use IIII instead of IV…
(using IIII give a better visual balance with the VIII)

I believe watch manufacturers have switched to IIII instead of IV recently, haven’t they? My older watches all had digit IV.

<< The original pattern for Roman numerals used the symbols I, V, and X (1, 5, and 10) as simple tally marks. Each marker for 1 (I) added a unit value up to 5 (V), and was then added to (V) to make the numbers from 6 to 9:

I, II, III, IIII, V, VI, VII, VIII, VIIII, X .>>

1 Like

That’s interesting on the IV vs IIII. If I make another render actually showing the 4, I may change it.

Wonderful Project :slight_smile: Wonderful quality! Really Like it! Please, keep creating.
Well deserved in the future raw! Congrats

I’ve never seen 9 represented as VIIII. I’ve only ever seen it as IX.

I have decided to record a tutorial on how I made this. Part 1 is modeling the mesh, and part 2 will be up soon.