Good_omen's Sketchbook

Little peek of what I’ve been up to with the second hell hound, pushing myself a lot right now to get better + even put in some effort into presentation ( :skull:). Will edit this post with the link for the finished post. Thank you guys so much for all your ongoing support

Sculpting in Blender, then baking and texturing in Marmoset + quick render from there, little post edits in Affinity (contrast + little texture in bg + font)

I’m so wired right now and def need a break, but on the other hand the next hound is already knocking at my door :face_with_peeking_eye: What is happening (I think I’m having fun since I just accepted that I like, well, ‘dark’ things)

Had some real frustrations with Multires in Blender today but glad I pushed through (crashes etc), would love to be able to sculpt higher details but haven’t really figured out how, although I know how it works in theory.

Remeshed while sculpting with Quad Remesher for better topology but ran into the problem when joining objects that Quad Remesher doesn’t “merge” the vertices, so I sculpted, joined objects, used Blender’s own Remesher, then Quad Remesher, and so on… It doesn’t feel streamlined yet, let’s say that :sweat_smile:

Learned how to quickly make chains, yay :laughing:

Anyway, long wall of text, but hey, it’s my sketchbook. I love writing + worldbuilding, so the hell hounds will get a story of some sort, even just for little text snippets in the next renderings. I can see their owners in my mind, but my character skills (or rather the lack thereof) are not up to the task yet.

But: Everything I learned so far was because I took something on that was way too hard for me, but exciting. So maybe it will be the same with characters.

Now I’m finished :face_with_peeking_eye: :laughing: Been a long day sculpting

Edit: Link to finished post

7 Likes