Hello, I just released a first beta version of an add-on for importing 3D models from Google Maps to Blender:
This goes with an article explaining the whole process: https://blog.exppad.com/article/importing-actual-3d-models-from-google-maps
Basically, the steps are:
- Capture a Google Maps from using RenderDoc
- Use the addon to import the capture using the aforementioned addon. This may take a couple of minutes for the heaviest captures (up to several hundreds of Mo).
Feel free to share images if you use it!
It seems that RenderDoc cannot be injected into Chrome on some devices. Here is an empirical list, please share your GPU info when reporting whether it works or not. There are of course more cards reported not working because I guess when it works people don’t report, or less. ^^
If it does not work using Chrome, give a try to Vivaldi. It uses the same engine, but some users reported it to work where Chrome did not.
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050ti
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070
- Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070
Reported not working (but try anyway, the error might not be due to the hardware)
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 745
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 765M
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 (to be checked)
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 (to be checked)
- AMD Radeon HD7000 Series (tested in a A10 APU)
- AMD Radeon R9 290
- Intel integrated GPU HD 4000 (tested in a Surface Pro 3)