Goz for blender 2.8

Hello,
I have a problem with addon on new machine.
Ihave this dialog when exporting from blender and in zbrush it cames with zcube

@youthatninja the cube is a known issue when first sending a object over and wont be fixed for a while. The message is a new report thing that shows a report of what arrived in zbrush. i plan to add a option later on to hide it but its for now the default when you send something from blender to zbrush.

1 Like

oh :frowning:
this message scared me :slight_smile:
seems cant roll back to 3.3.8, because its not working with new zbrush.
looking forward for fixed cube issue. :slight_smile:
by the way for what is ZScript folder?
Thank you!
upd
bruh
i have this for goz in zbrush image
and this in blender

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\miller\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.90\scripts\addons\blender_GoB-GoZ-Blender_28\GoB.py", line 1247, in execute
    shutil.copytree(source_GoZ_Info, target_GoZ_Info, symlinks=True)            
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Blender\2.90\python\lib\shutil.py", line 324, in copytree
    os.makedirs(dst)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Blender\2.90\python\lib\os.py", line 223, in makedirs
    mkdir(name, mode)
FileExistsError: [WinError 183] Cannot create a file when that file already exists: 'False/GoZApps/Blender/'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\miller\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.90\scripts\addons\blender_GoB-GoZ-Blender_28\GoB.py", line 1258, in execute
    with open(f"{PATH_GOZ}/GoZBrush/GoZ_Application.txt", 'wt') as GoZ_Application:
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'False/GoZBrush/GoZ_Application.txt'

@youthatninja the zscript folder is for the new script that does the import for zbrush, since there have been some issues with subtools with the default GOZ import i wrote a custom importer so i get control over what zbrush does with the imported models.

hm not sure why you get that error, did that happen on export or on import?
can you tell me which addon version you are using? the latest master?

Just tested it: Blender 2.90 with GoB 3.3.8 and ZBrush 2021.1.1 work’s fine for me in both directions.

@kromar yep the latest master. I happened on export
@zaha hm… strange, looks like my pixologic folder with goz broken. Because with 3.3.8 I have no movement at all
UPD:
Yep workmachine works fine with 3.3.8
Clearly Public/Pixologic folder was broken

How do you guys export multiple subtools from Zbrush to Blender?
Other than clicking each subtool => click GoZ multiple times

with send all button

2 Likes

haha, the answer was right in my face. Thank you

Separate qn, how do i synchronize the scale of Blender and Zbrush through GoB?
After exporting from Zbrush, it seems tiny in Blender

@desculpt there are a couple of options in the addon preferences to customize how scale is transfered

there is some more details on how the different modes work in the wiki: https://github.com/JoseConseco/GoB/wiki/Feature:-Object-Scale

@youthatninja sorry i am not able to follow what you are doing completely. in the zrush folder there should be goz repair executable which should create the needed folders and files.
You should be able to use the latest master, it looks like some file was locked for some reason and thats why you got the error. if you try the latest version and get it again let me know so i can try to reproduce and fix it.

1 Like

@kromar yea! thank you so much no need to reinstall whole zbrush.))
everything works now! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks for the screenshot, I’m using the 3.3.8 and the Scale units are missing:

Aside, is there any other way to export multiple objects from Blender to Zbrush as Subtools?
the only way i know of through GoB : In blender, join them as single object and ungroup the combined object in Zbrush by Polygroups

the subtools issue was the reason for the big update which has not yet been released due to several issues that i want to get fixed.
If you are on windows i would suggest you try that version since it should transfer subtools as expected and also the scaling option is available there.
you can get the latest verison here: https://github.com/kromar/blender_GoB/tree/bugfix/filter-for-zbrush-executable.

EDIT:
installation instruction can be found here which are also significantly easier than in the old version:

v3.4.8 problem with object origin and location after exporting from zbrush trough obj

this addon has no relation to the obj exporter/importer so im not sure what you try to show. please provide accurate steps how to reproduce a problem i do not have a crystal ball over here:D

So prev versions all works really great.
working expamle:
in blender - make a base like LP
GOZ
HP in zbrush
Export from zbrush(NOT GOZ)
Import to blender, all HP meshes are in same spot and same size as LPs
Now im getting wierd results, as you can see on previous screenshot

@youthatninja so when you import via GoZ to blender the object is in a differnt spot like you show in the screenshot?
Can you post a screenshot of your GoB addon preferences?
I noticed sometime that there is a offset when the origin is not in the world center or something like that but havent really reproduced it yet. i will have another go at it.

Scale should be synced by default. Blender’s native scale actually works great with ZB. The native scale in ZB is 2 units(size of primitives and when you hit Unify) and this translates perfectly to the default 2m2 cube.

No, when i import trough GOZ to blender its fine, but when i use zbrush export it offsetting the mesh.
In previous versions it was fine.
I cant use goz for ‘final’ export, because i need to keep subd history in zbrush

I GOZed sphere, then exported it from ZBrush

It setup export settings Y offset to -1, if i set it to +1, it will be in the same spot as in blender
Exacts steps with 3.3.8 version, works great