Goz for blender 2.8

Hi, thank you, tried 3.5.47, looks like working fine. modifiers on curves working too.
But skin modifier isnt, export button grayed out, it wasn’t working on previous versions either.
Would be great to have ability to save skin moddifirer in blender with out applying :slight_smile:

@youthatninja cool thanks for the feedback. i will have a look why the skin modifier might not work, probably because i excluded meshes without triangles in a earlier version because that would cause zbrush to crash.

EDIT:
@youthatninja you can try this version, this should work for all edge meshes with modifiers that add some faces.
v3.5.48
https://github.com/kromar/blender_GoB/tree/bugfix/fix-apply-modifier

2 Likes

Does anyone have a problem with the new version of the addon (GoB-3_5_45) and the older version of zbrush (4r8)? Everything works from Zbrush to Blender but not from Blender to Zbrush. :frowning:

@kamilozo did the previous GoB version work? or which one was the last that was still running? also are you on a mac or on a pc? and do you get any error messages?

there have been some fixes in the version just above your post so maybe you can try that and see if it fixes your issues.

EDIT: i checked if i can still download the old version and it seems not to be available so i cant really look into this directly.

Hi @kromar. Latest working version in my case is 3.3.8. I work on PC and seems no error shows up during GoB operation, but finally my mesh don’t appear in Zbrush. I also try this fixed version (v3.5.48) but still with no result. Here is old version of GoB addon: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6k8aahlo3cnnwkn/GoB_3.3.8.zip?dl=0

I also noticed such differences in exported files:

Old version:
GoB_Old_Export !

New version:
GoB_New_Export

@kromar, Hello!
I tried v3.5.48, export button not active for edge mesh with skin moddifier

@youthatninja
can you try it again? should be version 3.5.49

1 Like

Yep, working fine, thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

i made a new release with some bugfixes and the modifier improvements. let me know if you get any issues with it. enjoy

7 Likes

I’ve just started using the addon. So maybe I’m doing something wrong, but on import from Zbrush it breaks my keymap, I have to reset it to defaults each time after importing objects to Blender.

what exactly do you mean with “breaks” the keymap? how does that manifest? i never noticed that and would need exact steps how to preproduce the issue.

Hello, have this error pops up if i copy-paste between blender files

Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.92\scripts\addons\GoB-3_5_50\GoB.py", line 1234, in poll
    selected_objects = export_poll(cls, context)                
  File "AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.92\scripts\addons\GoB-3_5_50\GoB.py", line 1616, in export_poll
    if active_object.type == 'MESH':
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'type'

hm that is interesting, can you share a blend file with meshes that will cause this or describe how to reproduce this? im using the copy functionality daily and have not seen this so far.

Sorry can’t share files.
But it repro on my side at least:
open 2 bledner, add monkey in first file, ctrl+c monkey, ctrl+v in second file. :see_no_evil:

hm its a really strange error and without being able to reproduce it on my side its hard to understand what the reason is.
what’s the exact blender version you are using? and maybe you can try disabling other addons and see if it still happens.

EDIT: i got the error with a empty so i made a fix for that scenario, would be great if you can check if this also solves your problem
v3.5.52
https://github.com/kromar/blender_GoB/tree/bugfix/non-type-fix

1 Like

I mainly use latest official release now its 2.92.
Tested on 2.93 same.
Look like fix didn’t resolve error

Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.92\scripts\addons\blender_GoB-bugfix-non-type-fix\GoB.py", line 1232, in poll
    selected_objects = export_poll(cls, context)                
  File "C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.92\scripts\addons\blender_GoB-bugfix-non-type-fix\GoB.py", line 1614, in export_poll
    if active_object.type: 
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'type'

Debugging it by disabling addons, will take to much time, because i have lots of addons
Actually it doesn’t bother me too much, just wanted to report an error :slight_smile:

i pushed another fix, that should avoid the error
https://github.com/kromar/blender_GoB/tree/bugfix/non-type-fix

6 Likes

Yep, no errors so far, thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just an update from a Win10 user. (Edit: ZBrush version 2021.6.2)

Downloaded latest Blender 3.0 Alpha today. Test GoZ
GoB 3.5.50 didn’t work.
GoB 3.5.52 works.

I didn’t remove existing GoB, just disabled older, enabled newer, done.

I have found - to cleanly establish connection after an update, instead of using GoB to launch/open ZBrush and hope for the best, it is better to manually launch ZBrush, GoZ a Tool from ZBrush into Blender, then GoB export a Blender mesh to ZBrush. After that everything works as expected.

Also want to add, am really grateful for the evolution of GoB. Thank you so much, Kromar and Jose Conseco.

3 Likes

Latest: GoB 3.5.52 works in July 02 Blender 3.0 alpha.

2 Likes