Graphics Daily

Thanks for the input Ace Dragon. The images are actually rendered at high res (ex. 6000x3375pix for the Ab Infinitum) but I scale them down before uploading here. You’re right about the cosmic dice; I try to bring the time it takes to build a daily from about four to one or two hours. It appears that most of the time is spend to fine tune the scene/composition and do test renders. Rendering the final image at high res also takes from 2 to 6 hours when using cycles. Since I render big images I will upload them at a higher res in the future.

Flora Study

You are presenting wonderful, genuine and refreshing artwork here. 5 stars from me :slight_smile:

Thanks for the kind words and stars minoribus. Stay tuned for more!

Don’t Panic

1 Like

Vom It

Project Abyss

Rosa

Please note that this (and a few more) of the images are shared as cc-by. Visit the blog to see them all. Thanks!

Going Deeper

Alter Eggo

Lab Yrinth

Colorbend

Pretty cool! How did you generate the maze shape in Lab Yrinth?

Good question; I think I’ll make a videotutorial about it. :slight_smile:

Cheers! Reminds me of the Christopher Nolan production company logo “Syncopy” http://static.rogerebert.com/redactor_assets/pictures/scanners/the-dark-knight-rises-a-heroaint-nothin-but-a-knuckle-sandwich/tdkrsyncopy-thumb-510x146-50271.jpg

Indeed! It’s a nice technique. The tutorial will soon be up.

Cocoons

Yay, thanks very much for taking the time to make the tutorial!

You’re welcome!

Thing Positive

Glass-ic

Splat R

An amazing visual here, though I digress on one thing.

Your images tend to have a lot of repeating elements and symmetry. While this may be a good thing for a lot of images, a little variation and a touch of asymmetry can go a long way in enhancing things.

Also experiment with different background styles and backdrops, the same white or bright colored backgrounds can start to get old after a while.

Thanks for the input Ace!
Hope I’ll get better in time.