Graswald - News and Work in Progress

[G Scatter Dev Update]

Here’s a wip shot of the effect manager.

1. Create an effect node tree
  2. Export
  3. Share with others
3 Likes

[G Scatter Dev Update]

Here you can see some interface cleanup we did.

Also: We are working on reducing the update size from several hundred megs down to 2-3 MB.
Next update coming soon.

Hey guys,
today not so much a dev update but some information on a bug we discovered with the help of a friendly user:

If you tried G Scatter in the recent past, but every time you wanted to scatter something you got an error saying “key ‘Group Node’ not found” AND you are using a different UI language than English then that’s the reason it fails.

We just found out that currently G Scatter seems to only work properly in English.
It’s a little embarrassing, I know. But I thought it’s better to communicate this as a known limitation than giving no explanation at all.
With this information maybe you want to give it a try again.

In any case, rest assured that we are working on it.

Until next time,
Ruben

1 Like

Hey,

what’s the way to get the assets from Grasswald Pro (Blendermarket) into G-Scatter 0.4?

And will G-Scatter will be bundles with Grasswald Pro (Blendermarket) in the future, if it becomes the main scatter tool?

edit: ok… the g-scatter 0.2 pack from Blendermarket works for g-scatter 0.4

Yes the pack for gscatter 0.2 works for all G Scatter versions. We should probably change the name. Thanks for mentioning it.

I am not sure I understand the question if it will be bundeled with Graswald Pro. Can you elaborate on that?

At the moment, I’ve to download G-Scatter from the Grasswald website.

I think it would be nice, if G-Scatter would be also in my Grasswald Pro Blendermarket downloads, so I can download everything from one place.

I guess that G-Scatter becomes in the future the new default and you will stop developing, after some time, the old Graswald Pro Blender scatterer, based on particles?

I saw that you have in the G-Scatter shop some new assets, like the Forest Floor Pack. Do you plan to add these packs also to Blendermarket? And if bought via your shop, how do you handle re-download?

And could it be that the assets of the other packs, like Forest Floor Pack or European Meadow Pack are includeded into the Grasswald Pro pack?

At the moment, I’ve to download G-Scatter from the Grasswald website.

Yes, but you have to do that only once. G Scatter already includes an updater which informs you as soon as a new version is available. Then you can simply update via a button press in the addon.
Therefore it makes not a lot of sense for us to keep uploading G Scatter versions to other platforms.

I guess that G-Scatter becomes in the future the new default and you will stop developing, after some 
 time, the old Graswald Pro Blender scatterer, based on particles?

Yes!

We also plan to remove the shop part from our asset manager in the near future since the shopping experience on our website will be far superior.
After you bought a product there you will be able to download your assets via G Scatter or on the website as often as you like.

And could it be that the assets of the other packs, like Forest Floor Pack or European Meadow Pack 
are includeded into the Grasswald Pro pack?

Yes, that’s true. It is indeed a little confusing and one of the reasons we’ll remove the shop component from the asset manager.

[G Scatter Dev Update]

Hey guys, we just released G Scatter 0.4.2. Overall it’s a small release with some bug fixes and some quality of life improvements. One thing is crucial with this one though. Since we are moving some of our backend processes to new servers, you do not get any updates inside the add-on anymore, if you don’t update to 0.4.2. This is because the old updater will not be able to find us on the net anymore.
If you haven’t tried G Scatter yet, get it here: https://www.graswald3d.com/gscatter

Until next time,
Ruben