Graswald - News and Work in Progress

Would be nice if G Scatter was included in the download section on Blender Market for anyone that actualy bought graswald there… Im assuming it is not included in the “Asset Pack for G Scatter” !?

Hello,

first of all I love the Graswald models!
I wanted to know how the integration in the Scatter add-on is working.
Does Graswald comes with biomes like Scatter?

Thank you very much and have a great day,

Schmidtli :slight_smile:

Hi Elk, I’m not sure what you mean when you say “not included if the asset pack for G scatter?” and how would it help to include it with your purchase of Graswald? Since you can easily download it once for free from our website, and update it within the add-on? I’m curious how it makes things easier for you.

I usualy check for updates on different add-ons on BM once there is a new blender version, I always install a fresh copy from zip to keep things separate/clean, so the less other websites i need to go to to check for update for different add-ons the better, not a huge issue on a sigle add-on, but it adds up, so just a convenianse thing if it would be possible… !?

Hi Elk,
G Scatter comes with an updater. After your first installation you’ll get notified inside Blender when a new version of G Scatter is available for your system and you can update from within Blender with one click.

2 Likes

Hi guys. There is a chance of scatter things over curves and not only surfaces?
Think on trees on sidewalks or something like that.

[G Scatter Dev Update]

You can use object proximity to control scattering.

You can also use scattered objects to control the scattering of other objects.

Oh, and yes, you can absolutely scatter objects on a curve as well.

The only caveat is: At the moment all this only works with meshes, so I had to convert the curve in both examples to meshes.

1 Like

Is there an ETA of new biomes?

thanks bro!

Where could I read a versus between graswald pro vs gscatter? Buy graswald pro but I no longer see any incentive to keep using it

Not yet! But, I can confirm that we are making good progress behind the scenes, shouldn’t be too long before we can share some ETA’s

2 Likes

How long before Gscatter functionality is built into Grasswald Pro?

Good question. Graswald Pro uses the particles method for scattering and G scatter uses geometry nodes. So what will happen is down the road G scatter will become our main scattering tool

[G Scatter Dev Update]

Hey guys,
after months of hard work we are happy to announce that G Scatter 0.4.0 has been released.
If you already use a prior version of G Scatter you can update in the add-on. If not you can download it for free at https://www.graswald3d.com/gscatter. Give it a spin. There’s a lot of cool new stuff in there!

3 Likes

[G Scatter Dev Update]

Here’s a little something I mushed together the other day with our new Effect Layer System (#programmer_art). Took me ~2min and just uses the 2 primitives in the foreground.

3 Likes

Don’t have a direct comparison on our website yet, I added it to our wish list. In the meantime:

The main difference between Graswald/Graswald Pro and G scatter is, Graswald/Graswald Pro is based on the older Blender particles system, and G scatter is based on Geometry Nodes.

Graswald/Graswald Pro currently has more features, such as LOD’s, material options, children, simulations and more. G scatter is catching up quickly, especially with the new layers system that lets you add all the maps and effects you need. And with Geometry nodes, everything updates in realtime, and with the particles method, something requite manual updating, like camera culling.

1 Like

[G Scatter Dev Update]

A little bit of “Slope Effect” and a little bit of “Height Effect” mixed into the distribution (and/or scale or rotation) parameters and some complex results can easily be achieved.

Also in this picture: Our improved effect interface can now display curves and color ramps as well.

And let me ask you this: What if, instead of waiting for us to create the effects you need, every user could create, import, export and easily share new effects with other users ? - No programming required!
#effect_manager

1 Like

[G Scatter Dev Update]

We just released G Scatter v0.4.1 which now works in Blender 3.0 Beta and upwards. It still uses the legacy geometry nodes but we are working busily on a port to the new node system.

Here’s a link: https://www.graswald3d.com/gscatter

4 Likes

[G Scatter Dev Update]

Here’s a wip shot of the effect manager.

1. Create an effect node tree
  2. Export
  3. Share with others
3 Likes

[G Scatter Dev Update]

Here you can see some interface cleanup we did.

Also: We are working on reducing the update size from several hundred megs down to 2-3 MB.
Next update coming soon.