Hacked's Music for Your Games: Free!

Hi hackedmind.
I’m currently making a game and although I don’t plan any music for the main gameplay areas (it’s more of a sim), I do need some short loops for the main menu, mission briefings and debriefings.

The theme would be one each of the factions from the battletech / mechwarrior games.
The overall “feel” of the music should be similar to the mechwarrior 2 game from the 1990s (my inspiration)
Here are some examples:

But each track should have a theme similar to the faction’s culture:

1. Federated Suns = Western European / (military orientated)
  2. Lyran Commonwealth = Germanic / Eastern European / (trade orientated)
  3. Capellan Confederation = Chinese / Asian / (espionage / culture / tradition orientated)
  4. Draconis Combine = Japanese (with some minority Muslim elements) ( Honor / tradition orientated)
  5. Free worlds league = A mix of all developing world cultures / India and South Asian/ South and Latin American / (Religion / Culture orientated)
  6. Free Rassalhague Republic = Scandinavian / Viking (Rough, outdoors-living orientated)

During the briefings, the player may spend a lot of time reading stats and fiction, so the tracks should not be too active, aggressive or loud.

The main Menu music should be rocking :slight_smile: Something from the golden age of 1980s video games would be great. For inspiration, see the theme from Aztec Challenge:

I think it’s great that there’s a talented artist able to fill this often overlooked role in so many projects.
Thanks in advance for any time you can spend on this.^^

@Smoking_mirror: I can definitely fill your request! Thanks for providing so much clear detail as well… I’m not sure how far down the line you’ll end up, but I’ll get to you when I start your music… Nice looking project, by the bye :smiley:

Thanks for your kind words :slight_smile:

• hacked

Hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know I’m alive! You know, I thought that getting the new synthesizer would make everything go by breezily: Instead, now I’m studying orchestration! lol!

Admittedly still working on torakunsama’s project, with baaag and Smoking_mirror next in line, and BBB once he gets back to me, lol.

If there are any SMALL projects (1 or 2 songs) I can do them right away, for the sake of getting something done. But don’t hesitate to get in the big-project line :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Cool, I’ve been checking back here occasionally just to see if there was any progress. :slight_smile:

Hi hacked!
You made a creepy piano noise for before thanks :slight_smile:
But now Im making a 3rd person shooter multiplayer pixel style game,
I would need some background music for it, but just one song would
great just for the beta release :slight_smile:

Do you have time and what would it cost?

Regards, Andrew

Hey Addez! I haven’t had a lot of time to do scores recently but I’m still doing it free when I have the time for open-source or free projects. If it is a commercial project there may be a small fee. PM me some screenshots and the details of your game etc. and I’ll add you to the waiting list…

Which reminds me: I’m clearing up my schedule so look for more music from me soon, guys!

• hacked

Hey hackedmind, you still around somewhere ? :slight_smile:

Hey, BBB, sure am! But man, so much is happening!

I’m going to have to change how I do this. People have been asking me for whole scores which just takes way too much time+effort, and there’s always the possibility that their game won’t even be completed…

Stick around guys, I’m going to rethink this and really streamline the process, so that I can work less and make more music. Paradox? Nah.

hacKed are you still make music for game can you make something like anime song(just instrument)
like song in DJMAX(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_se-BKnqrjY&feature=feedlik) just one song in 1 or 2 minute:confused:.
Your music is really professional:yes::cool:.

Helllooo BA! Damn! Life! It happens! And a year later absolutely everything’s changed, you’re in college, and you’re a better musician! Haha, well I hate to necro this, but I am revamping my music creation and collaboration projects… Gotta get the creative juices flowing!

Feel free to check out my SoundCloud:

I’m rather proud of that top track! If any of you need some dubstep or house, I’m your guy, lol.
But I’m still into the cinematic and orchestral thing too, in fact I could use the inspiration of all your beautiful games :slight_smile: .
Hell, I can do rock, but don’t expect, like, My Chemical Romance-level stuff, hahaha.

Anyway, sorry to fall off the face of the Earth like that.

We’ll do it first-come-first-served again, starting with the people I’ve already contacted.
Except this time, I’m not going to try to finish a whole game score before moving to the next request.
It will be one track for a person, and then move on to the next, and back around again if you need more and there aren’t a lot of requests.
But that’s my problem anyway xD

Well, if anyone needs some music, let me know by PM to ensure I see it!

Hacked out!

O_o dude you´re awesome
this is not for a game, but just for FUN would you do a skyrim or battlefield metal-rock remix?
it would be so damn nice ^^
of course if you don´t want it´s ok ;D

oh and i might need some music for my game soon, i will PM you then…

Hey luc.ki! Thanks! I’m not sure if/how you managed to get to my soundcloud though, that link was broken. Fixed though now, haha fml.

And I think I could jam with that! I haven’t played either of those games though lol. Give me a specific suggestion and we’ll see what happens! And with just a bit of tweaking maybe you could use it for your game :slight_smile:

Cheers!

haha i dont think so, my game is about medieval wars, thats why i said it was for FUN xD, a metal song would be epicly weird
i found your music list in the first post of this thread, and it was working for me yesterday, and its actually working now…
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1149424

anyway, the thing about bf and skyrim was a joke xD if you still want to do it, here is original soundtrack

and i would want something like this

but a bit more heavy O_O
if you dont want its allright ;D

Ah, well my SoundCloud has waaaayyyy more up to date music :slight_smile:

I’ll add that to my list of possible remixes. I like the idea but I’d rather do something someone will use.

Let me know about your game bro!

ok ok, i will pm you when i get a idea of what i want for my game, cause i have some ideas but theyre not clear at all

I think I will hire you later, when I have a presentable beta.

Heya RU! Man if you want some music just let me know! I think adding music early in the project can help your creativity!

And hiring man? Haha unless you make several thousand dollars I do this for free, it’s my escape :slight_smile:

Just let me know.

I can do a bit of rock myself but I’m predominately cinematic. :smiley:

Hola Hacked!

I have to say it is a big relief on my part to see someone willing to do music for other people’s games. I may have missed my chance with this as this thread nearly 2 years ago. If you’re still here and wanting to help, PM me and we’ll talk.