Hard Ops Thread

‘E’ is what I was missing. Thanks!

How do you make the cutter disappear after rotation in that last gif? Do you use ‘view collection’?

the workspace is our temporary help. until we get it right in the 3d view.

cutters are automatically hidden on next cut.
at this time.

edit: oh wait. I press 1 alot. Just to jump back to main collection. Its pretty nice now.

I typically work with many collections which put me in situations where I don’t really have a main layer. Would something like a cutter layer toggle be a possibility?

ill add it to the list…

at this time cutters automatically disappear on next cut so in a way it already does it but we do plan to expand on cutters in the future. A toggle could be a thing. Probably could tie that into the last cutter initiative.

1 Like

Not sure if i’m at the right place for this, but i have a problem with my recently bought boxcutter add-on. When cutting with the tool in edit mode, display modifier button (in mirror modifier) immediately turns off. Does anyone know how to keep mirror modifier display turned on when cutting in edit mode?

for reasons. you cannot cut with mods on in edit mode. There are supposed to turn back on in object mode. We’ll see about that!

Initially they were disabled to make cutting in edit mode faster since there is a performance hit with the way edit mode cutting works at this moment.

@masterxeon1001

Currently HardOps provides wire/shade per object toggle. Would something like single object x-ray toggle be possible as well?

Blender can’t do that, unless you hack it via object color alpha or materials.

I see. Am I mistaken to think that it was possible in Blender 2.79?

Xray in 2.79 is what’s now ‘in front’ in 2.80, which was and still is possible per object.

There is no xray in 2.79 comparable to what we have now in 2.80.

1 Like

Hi Guys,

I’m running into this quite often, can’t make any cut’s after this error pops up unless I’m restarting blender. Anyone seen this before? (using latest everything on mac).

Thank you for working so hard this tool, most fun I’ve had in a long time while modeling.

you must update either 2.8 of boxcutter

the cursor_location was renamed to cursor.location which we fixed in newer versions.
Updating boxcutter will more than likely fix the issue.

thanks, I’ll give it a try! I’m using Todays 2.8 build and bc 7.1.1, need to check if there’s a newer version.

edit: sorry, scratch that, it was me being clumsy. It seems after canceling a cut in ngon mode with right click it’s deselecting the object, so when starting a new cut it’s setting itself to world mode and giving me this popup thingie. sorry bout that, still getting used to blender.

711.5 is the latest. We added a few small things post release.

1 Like

thank you! I’ll definitely give it a go tonight.

edit: all better with 711.5. thanks heaps!

Hey, i accidently deleted hardops keymap from prefs and reinstalling doesnt reset keybinds anyone knows how to reset them?

probably loading factory settings or enabling and disabling the addon.

1 Like

@masterxeon1001 I assume that this is planned or maybe I’m using it wrong, but I noticed that actions made with the helper cannot be undone.

never thought of that. it will be checked into.
whatchu trying to undo? Undoing is dangerous right now.