Help with Sprinkles

I am currently working on a doughnut tutorial, but somehow, my doughnut’s sprinkles have been glowing when the model is rendered. What do I do?

This is the rendered image…

Here is the part in the tutorial I’ve just finished working on…

In your principled bsdf shader, check that your emission color is black.

1 Like

It is black, but the sprinkles are still glowing.

What does your shader setup look like?

That is most likely the setup for your icing, you need to show the shader setup for the sprinkles.

Here is the shader setup for one of my sprinkles, Sprinkle_long.

Hmm, I should tell by looks lol, but is this eevee? There is the bloom effect in there that might make things glow. Just unclick it in the settings on the right panel.
It was a long day and I cant really pay attention, but it may help :grin:
Anyways, just stay safe and keep blendinn!

Cheers!

It’s Cycles.

Daaaang, wrong answer. :sweat_smile: then do it again. Delete the whole material for the instanced particle, add a new one, do it again and check that.

Do I do that for the frosting, or create one for the sprinkles?

For the one object that you use for the particle effect to kake the sprinkles. I mean the frosting looked fine for me, only the sprinkles glow right?

Are you sure the curved and other sprinkle material is fine as well? Because the long’s setup seems fine

How do I check the curved sprinkles?

Well, I mean that you have multiple kinds of sprinkles. I thought you may have different materials for each, not just the “long” one you show above. One of those materials might be set up wrong. If you only have one material for all versions of your sprinkles then I do not know to be honest
You may upload the blend file here, maybe some of us can spot the issue :blush:

How do I upload .blend files?

Just drag the file in the text box.

This button, see attached image.

Okay… Let me go try that!

Uploading: Doughnut model 2 copy 6.1.blend…

Is that sufficient?

Can you see my program?