House Hidden Among the Greenery + video with deer

Hi guys!

​​​This project was created in Blender and rendered with an Octane engine.
Images depict a real building designed by Engel Architecten

I did create also a short animation - captured on a “photo trap” nearby the house :slight_smile:

111 Likes

wow thats so realistic i hope someday i can make like this :)))))

2 Likes

Wow very nice work!
I have a question on the glass and the reflection in the first image, how did you do that? It looks really good. Is it just from the glass material or was anything special done?

This is next level

1 Like

The Octane renderer has some really really good materials and rendering. :slight_smile:

And these images show that :+1:

1 Like

There is a little trick besides glass material
There are several layers of glass as in real life to achieve this effect.
Also, the trees in reflection are real mesh not just images or HDRI

8 Likes

Thank you very much

Very cool! So just a good glass shader and some layer of glass and real mesh trees? I only ask because it looks really good and add to the realism so I would like to try it in Cycles so wanted to see if it was something special in Octane

Here is an example of how it can be done in cycles - https://blendermarket.com/products/scene---exterior-scene-inspired-by-engel-architecten-house-with-furnished-interior

3 Likes

I do use Octane for some time now and I find results more realistic. What I recommend even for creating a portfolio is recreating photos - this one was inspired by a real building designed by Engel Architecten they have nice photos there with this effect.

Here are my other renders with different light

7 Likes

Usually i’m so affected by architectural renders… but i know that they are also not easy… but this “article” form very intersesting… or is it the deer ??

I was watching to the end and was waiting for some… results… from the end… of the deer… i mean… :rofl:

:+1: for the special glass trick …

1 Like

Wonderfull! Very realistic!

1 Like

I think I know what you expect from deer, but to animate it is not in my power :slight_smile: I bought an animated one to save time, but wanted to use it - I will ask the creator to improve his deer animation so it fulfills your expectations :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great work Jan!!!

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

Congratulations, the effect is astouning.

Thank you very much!

You are absolutly right:
It may be not a good idea to advertise any new house to the customer with a wild animal… doing what it has to do from time to time…

:grin:

however, ghosts are fine… i know many people in the market for a haunted house. >grins<

have you seen a ghost? Cameras around the house are not great at spotting them :slight_smile: