House in forest

Hello everyone!
This is my first time here.

It’s nice to show you my personal project as it is House in forest.
In this project i use Sky Texture to illuminate the scene.
Grass and shrubs come frome Scatter 5.1
Pines I dont remember where I found.

I modeled the house and the kitchen myself.
Other models are iMeshh, Botaniq, Minotti, Vibia and Blenderkit.
Post-pro I used Affinity Photo.

I’m really happy with what it looks like, but I’m still trying to be more real.

Comments and criticism welcome :slight_smile:

Have a nice day!
Damian

12 Likes

The scene looks awesome all in all. It is realistic, but kinda lacks something in my unprofessional opinion, but can’t really tell what. House is looking very good.
Can you write your PC specs if not a secret. When I try to make environment renders like yours, my pc can’t handle lots of trees and grass and lot details like that.

Thanks. My computer spec is Thredripper 3960x, 128GB RAM, Geforce 2070 Super 8GB, but this card is not good for this scene, because it doesn’t have enough RAM, and I was rendering on the CPU. When I use GPU+CPU I was seeing error System Out Of Memory. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Just off the top of my head, the front deck and back left portion of the cabin look like they’re floating. Might be the gap under the left of the deck and the shadow by the left of the cabin that’s causing this.

I’m not an archviz or environment expert, so take this with a grain of salt, but you could build the whole cabin up off the ground so everything looks like it’s on supports (the crawl space could be used for maintenance by the residents.)

Other than that, bravo. It’s really good. :slightly_smiling_face::clap::clap:

Edit: Maybe ease up on the depth of field too. I don’t know what f-stop you used, but the tree trunks in the foreground seem a bit too blurred to me.

1 Like

Forest itself looks very good, the scaling of the house is kinda off… but generally you did a good job… well done

1 Like

Looking good! A few things off the top of my head:

• The patches of grass in front of the deck look a bit too regularly placed. There just be more irregularity in the size, shape and colour of the patches. Since this is a forest it could also be nice to add some other plant species, like wild flowers.

• It looks a little strange that the interior lights are on even though it’s sunny weather outside.

• I would scatter from a larger collection of trees, right now it feels like there isn’t quite enough variety.

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thaks for feedback. This house have 6x6 meters, trees are 20-25 meteres. Maybe there is a problem. Maybe the house should be taller.

You are right. This light are my mistake. I forgot to turn off :smiley:
I have much more pine trees, and will try with other models.