How can I get my Geometry Nodes scales to flow along the body like in the original?

fish minimum.blend (228.0 KB)

1 Like

Example creating flow direction from curves tangent using Find Shortest Path node

fish minimum_flow_dir.blend (230.1 KB)

13 Likes

Thanks. What version of Blender are you using? I’m using alpha and there doesn’t seem to be a “Transfer Attribute” node anymore.

3.3, the transfer attribute been changed in 3.4, here is how to do attribute transferring in 3.4, also it should automatically convert it if you open file in 3.4

3 Likes

I was expecting to see you answering this post. I even thought about tagging you here. :joy::joy::joy:

Edit: Nice to see @zeroskilz here too.

1 Like

Oh, there’s a real world use case. Fantastic, thanks man.

Small tweak to Higgsas’ method:

fish minimum_flow_dir_vert_group.blend (200.3 KB)

Here controlling the end-vertices with a vertex-group (That should make the solution more general-purpose).

Good luck!

6 Likes

Get a couple more people in here and we could resurrect the anything-goes Geonodes megathread party :slight_smile: :beers:

2 Likes

I’m in :muscle: :blender_logo_64_png:

5 Likes

Sorry, set the solution and shut this thread down…

Nothing to see here, please move along.

4 Likes

How do you use Sample Nearest and Sample Index to replicate the vertex position morph effect in this video?

Why use both capture attribute and transfer attribute when 2 transfer attribute nodes would achieve the same result?

What is a use case where capture attribute works but transfer attribute does not?

What is the benefit of not just having a geometry input on the position node?

Why not include a position node like this for the less abstract thinking capable people?

1 Like

I think I found a bug. If you make a linked duplicate of the body and deactivate viewport visibility of the geonodes modifier, then go into edit mode and try to vert snap one vert on to another one, snapping does not work at all. If I disable geometry nodes on both, snapping works again. If I only have 1 body object and have geometry nodes active, snapping in edit mode on that one also fails.

1 Like