How could I replicate the symbiote (without a host) seen at Venom and Venom: Let There be Carnage?

I’m trying to make my own symbiote, and I wanted to make it looks like in the Venom film when it’s without a host. I’ve tried with a softbody but it don’t looks like exactly like what i want. I don’t know how to make this tentacle things of the symbiote, that sticks everywhere the symbiote goes. Here is a fragment of the film:

2 Likes

Hello !

It’s not something easy to do, you can look at this for inspiration :

This kind of effect requires a mix of several techniques, it’s hard to give you a simple answer …

Good luck !

1 Like

Check this tutorial out:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CefxIkognIs/

1 Like

I have already followed that tutorial, the problem is that the “tentacles” come from the origin of an object, and for what I want to do, I need them to come out of the verts of a mesh. How could I do that?

One more tip for animatable slime effects would be to use Remesh modifier (Voxel mode). Can be added on top of Armature modifier-animated object to make its parts stick together. You’ll probably need Smooth modifier after it for best results

That was my first idea, but I decided to use the softbody physics for the movement and a displacement modifier for the slimy look. But the remesh could work for making tentacles coming from the principal mesh. Thanks for the idea!

You know this ?:

Yeah, but I need to make it in blender and this video doesn’t make any mention to blender xD

Oh yes i’m sorry :sweat_smile: i found this while looking around for some vfx some time ago and didn’t looked at everthing (and because i didn’t have seen the movie yet ) and while doing a quick look re-seraching i saw alll the scribbleing over the shot and just listen very short… he is just guessing what is going on… and then it’s called VFX Case Study :unamused: