How might I use the modifiers to create this?

I’m modeling a section of the Hindenburg and I’ve got the section of frame made, but I need to propagate it so as to make the interior shape of the mighty air-ship. I assume this is possible with a bit of array modifier trickery, but I’ve yet to be able to get the shape I’m looking for and so I’m curious how to array my frame to fit the contour of the mighty air-ship’s shape? The shape itself I can just as easily model from a simple sphere of course, and therefore have the facets which I’d need to match the frame, but how to propagate the frame itself along this shape?

Can’t answer your question, but can offer another way of doing it (may or may not work for your project). Make the blimp from a cylinder (or what ever) and wire frame it.

In the following i made the blimp, dup it, made the dup a wire
frame of the dup and this is what i got. Anyway, just a suggestion and good luck with your project, hope you post it when finished.

1 Like

I’d be inclined to make a section and then have it conform to curve, just ensure you have sufficient loop cuts for the deform to be smooth.

1 Like

Quick example:

untitled5.blend (1.1 MB)

1 Like

Use an array modifier with a curve modifier. Adjust the radius of each vertex of the curve to taper the end sections of the struts.