How to change thread titles?

Maybe the reason I cant change my title is because of the transfer to the new forum. Just a thought.

SirMikey

have you tried the drop down menu “Thread Tools” ?

You should now be able to change thread titles for 4 weeks after posting the thread.

Works fine for me now.

Thanks guys for all your hard work in putting this forum together.

Nope all I get in Thread Tools are “Show Printable Version”, “Email this topic”, and “Subscribe to this topic”. It don’t matter too much now that I am done with the WIP but I hope this doesn’t happen again.

SirMikey all I did is go to edit and edit again, save changes.

Its not working for me, is this because my thread is older than 4 weeks? Could a mod change my journey begins thread to just Journey Begins, since right now it is stuck at update 4/8/06.

Thanks

Shard

Hello Admins,
I’m running into the same non-changing title problem. Would you please change my Avatar WIP to “Paladin WIP Dragon Updated (01.May.06) Pg 3[B]”? thank you

Also, can’t seem to turn bold off after cut and pasting… [/B]

Yeah, my thread’s more then 4 weeks old and I can’t change the title. Could a mod please change my WIP “F-5 Tiger Starting Texture” to just F-5 Tiger? Thanks :slight_smile: And will this be fixed? Cause sometimes you have a WIP for a while and you like to mention new dates you update it and everything…

hi SirMikey,
I took a closer look at your thread, and I found something very odd thing. The new system seems to let you edit the first post title, but not the original thread title…very strange, i have mentioned this for Timothy now and I hope he will fix this soon. Not even I can edit the original title of the thread, only your recent change of the first post title…

Me too, I can not change my thread title. I’ve tried everything that is possible.
My thread is located in the Focused critique forum, the Elissa thread.
I really like to remove the date in the title and the second part of the title…
This thread is older than 4 weeks, so I would like to be albe to change my title for ever when I have new updates… is th

hi SirMikey,
I took a closer look at your thread, and I found something very odd thing. The new system seems to let you edit the first post title, but not the original thread title…very strange, i have mentioned this for Timothy now and I hope he will fix this soon. Not even I can edit the original title of the thread, only your recent change of the first post title…

Me too, I can not change my thread title. I’ve tried everything that is possible.
My thread is located in the Focused critique forum, the Elissa thread.
I really like to remove the date in the title and the second part of the title…
This thread is older than 4 weeks, so I would like to be albe to change my title for ever when I have new updates… is that possible to configure?
Thanks in advance for help

“Edit thread” under “Thread tools” allows moderators to change the title of threads… dunno about what non-mods can do though

We can’t change the title after 40 days, I guess we can before that though

Can this be changed to allow you to change the title of your own thread anytime you need to like it was before? I mean, I really can’t see a really good reason to not allow it after 4 weeks. It’s not like changing the thread title brings the topic back to the top or anything, and I can’t recall anyone ever abusing the ability to change the titles (not sure how you would, but someone could find a way). It really is a useful tool to let people know if there is something new to see, and where they can find it. Most of the time you’d want to use this would be on long projects that could likely last over 4 weeks. Anyway, if a mod could change this thread’s title to just Yoda WIP so people aren’t still thinking i haven’t updated it for 5 months I’d appreciate it.

After updating my script i want to change this thread title:

A.N.T. Landscape ‘VCol’ v1.03 update 11 Oct 2005

to:
A.N.T.Landscape v.1.04 May 2006

or:
A.N.T. Landscape creator

for now it seems impossible to do, i used to do it on elYsiun,
can a moderator change it for me ?

Can this be changed to allow you to change the title of your own thread anytime you need to like it was before? I mean, I really can’t see a really good reason to not allow it after 4 weeks. It’s not like changing the thread title brings the topic back to the top or anything, and I can’t recall anyone ever abusing the ability to change the titles (not sure how you would, but someone could find a way). It really is a useful tool to let people know if there is something new to see, and where they can find it. Most of the time you’d want to use this would be on long projects that could likely last over 4 weeks. Anyway, if a mod could change this thread’s title to just Yoda WIP so people aren’t still thinking i haven’t updated it for 5 months I’d appreciate it.

Is there already a solution to this thread renaming problem?
It should be allowed always.

I’d like to change my thread title in the ‘Focused critique’ forum too.
It now says “06/04: Elissa (nudity)-changed proportions/need more crits

and I would like it to be
“female Elissa (nudity)”

• Thanks to the admin who changed my title! * * *

I’m also having difficulty changing my threads title http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=66408.
I was able to change the title up until a week or so ago, after that I have not been able to edit the title. It’s also more then 4 weeks old and I became unable to edit it around the time that the thread became 4 weeks old.

If a mod would care to I’d like the title just changed to “BMW z4”. Thanks

Big thanks!

Ah, thank you very much.

My thread title never got changed. Could you please make (in W.I.Ps) F-5E Tiger "Starting Texture* to just F-5E Tiger? Thanks.