How to recreate UnrealEd WaterPaint effect ? (Unreal Tournament 99)

Hi,

I liked the look of this tiled UnrealEd Waterpaint effect …

This was created in UnrealEd using “Waterpaint” that has “amplitude”, “frequency”, “phase” and so forth …

How to recreate this in Blender/UPBGE ? I had a shot at it but could not find the right shader node …

Any help appreciated !

you need use node texture clouds or node texture massgrave and node color ramp for color range and connect color ramp to output material, if you need mix and animation this texture for game use vector math nodes add and node substract before textures for rolling UV gride for this connect from geometry node uv port in first vector math node for secondary port connect mapping node and for node mapping connect time node or random - for assign values

OK, this tutorial seems to cover it - Fake refraction with nodes in realtime - Bge Tutorial - Game Engine / Game Engine Resources - Blender Artists Community

yes i see this tutorial its good refraction for game effects

Still struggling. That tutorial did not solve it. It should be SO simple ! For example look at this Shadertoy - Water Shader Sample (shadertoy.com) - How do I put that in Blender. Is there a fragment shader node ?