after doing a few models using lots of anatomical reference pics, i decided to test how much i learned by doing a speedsculpt of a head without using any reference pics at all. (roughly 2 hours)
i started with just the basic cube, added a modifier and slowly went up until i couldn’t get any more detail in (roughly 4mil faces)
i was really surprised about how well it turned out but wasn’t getting enough detail in (obviously my system can’t handle 16mil faces) so i decided to retopo the model to work on my understanding of topology and test the bmesh build.
here are some shots of the resulting model that has only 9200 faces but looks almost as good as the initial speedsculpt, allowing me to take it much further with detailing later on:
i’m fairly happy with it for now, but crits are always welcome of course.