Human Progress

That helps, thanks. If it can do a better job of interpolating between shape keys than my bendy stick* (which doesn’t quite do it perfectly), then that would be a plus. (.blend file)

And if it can do things like activate one shape key with one bone, and a second shape key with another bone, and then a third shape key only if both bones are in a certain position… that would be a BIG plus.

I’m thinking of having a bit of a rest from rigging, but I might see how this pans out and revisit later.

It’s not my goal, and I doubt I could come anywhere close to that level of sophistication, but I’ll be interested to see just how close…

Bicep Test

It helps to add a vertex group in the Shrinkwrap properties, although that’s where the problem I mentioned about creases comes in. The sharpness of the falloff is also dependent on the density of the mesh, so you might need to taper off the internal object to match the external one (which is why I sculpted the bony landmarks on a duplicate of the head instead of an actual skull).

Noted!

*BA seems to be having problems displaying .gifs and embedded Twitter videos in older posts lately - can anyone shed some light? @bartv mayhaps? :thinking:

4 Likes