Human Progress

People with this opinion typically want Multires to be split into two modifiers, one for animation and one for sculpting. They believe the dual duty Multires that serves both means it’s not as good as separate versions could be for each process.

1 Like

Did you see the new videos by Disney Research?

4 Likes

I suppose that would be ok if it was invisible to the user, i.e. they’re compatible with each other and there’s no discernible interruption when switching from one to the other. Doesn’t sound very elegant though…

Interesting, thanks for sharing. Now, how to I get hold of their face database? :yum:

I unleashed my tension map proposal, go and cast your approval if you want to see me ever finish this thing!

I made this wriggly little fella as an example, which took some days to render because I had to do it manually one frame at a time.

20 Likes

Hey @ChrisJones , first two images/videos can’t be seen in that proposal (Maybe forgot to share them to public?):

2 Likes

Gah, that always seems to happen. I think I fixed it - do they show up now?

I wish we could sculpt PSD in Blender like this plugin could in maya in the past

10 Likes

I still dont see them. But the worm looks so cool

Ok Google and Right-Click Select are both making it way too difficult, so I’m going to just put them here and see if I can link to them on Right-Click Select. Otherwise I could be in for an all-nighter…

EDIT: Nope, this site shrinks the .gif down. Why is it harder to put a simple image on RCS than it is to make a working replica of a human?!

EDIT AGAIN: Google, Right-Click Select, several image hosting sites, three different browsers and the internet itself are all conspiring against me this evening, but I think it’s working on Edge and Chrome, but not Firefox for some reason. Can anyone confirm? Has anyone here got an advanced technology degree that imparts them with the knowledge that enables one to load an image onto Right-Click Select?

1 Like

Tested in the new edge browser that uses the same engine than chrome and its not working. Also not working in firefox. So these are gifs? or images?

A .png and a .gif. I logged out of Google (where I was hosting the images), logged out of RCS, and still it shows for me. Baffling. Where do people host images (with direct links to them) these days?

Could try https://imgur.com/ but it should be no problem… Weird things happing… The png can be uploaded directly to right click select but for the gif maybe convert it to a video? But that would break the autostart…

Tried imgur, can’t directly link to the file though. RCS doesn’t appear to let you upload anything - it has to be embedded from somewhere else. I did put the video on YouTube though so I can use that, but the .gif works better in this instance. Still can’t put the image of the bump map there though.

EDIT: I think I extracted the pertinent part of a link I found in an obscure place on imgur - let me know if it’s working now (because it seems to work here no matter what I do). Thanks!

1 Like

Yes its working and i think i am hypnotized. Do the worm.

1 Like

Huzzah! Well that was an ordeal. It’s 2am now, so I’m calling it quits. :sleeping:

2 Likes

Annnnd, Youtube takes down your worm video. :frowning:

Someone must have decided bendy levitating cylinders violate their community guidelines. Bizarre. I appealed it (that kept me up until 4am and messed up my sleep - thanks YouTube), and it’s up again now, but the damage is already done; views were accelerating rapidly, now there are none.

This, along with things they’ve done to me in the past, and Twitter repeatedly shutting down my hand videos - not to mention the technical hurdles - makes sharing my work an increasingly anxious experience. :frowning_face:

6 Likes

Hey Chris, can you show please the tension map that you used in lightwave for the face…? and if it is only one map with all the different wrinkles of the face can you tell me please how did you sculpted out everything?

Did you sculpt each wrinkle separately and then joint the maps together in photoshop?

Thanks

That’s back in post #1 of the the old thread. https://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php/137719-Human-Progress

Great, thanks.