Human Progress

Looks like I was right. I gave them the opportunity to make amends, but instead they opted to just take the image down - and then didn’t do that either. Not even so much as an apology. Very disappointing.

Maybe this will light a fire under them: https://twitter.com/cjones3D/status/1573646101970055169?s=20&t=5KcLv6TENyyKlUnPwsvrZA

12 Likes

Damn. I say at least 2 rtx 4090 with necessary atx v.3 psu. Community should put some pressure on social media.

1 Like

And they also could advertise with sponsoring an artist using Nvidia technology to make good art and even saying they care for artists and OF COURSE they doesn’t support piracy and whatever the say in the marketing department… but:

Word of advice.
Agents are bad, but whatever you do
stay the hell away from marketing.
– Neo (in an Unreal experience… using Nvidia…)

2 Likes

this is so sad… a multibillion dollar company that steals artworks and react like this. I hope AMD will present some good alternative to optix rendering soon

2 Likes

Chris, I run Creative at NVIDIA and have reached out to you by email to make amends and resolve the situation.

6 Likes

How about you make amends by removing the stolen image from your site, where it is- at this very moment- still there?

How about you confront your illegal actions as a comment publicly instead of hiding behind “we’ve reached out by email?”

Do better. NVIDIA is better than this.

2 Likes

Would be better if they paid him a substantial amount. They’ve been using the image since 2018! And they used it to advertise their gpus when it wasnt even rendered on an nvidia gpu.

Tbh the best thing they can do to amend it would be to pay him for the work he did that they illegally used to advertise their product. They should even include a free gpu with no strings attached and if he’s inclined he has the option to render work with the gpu

3 Likes

All I can think off right now is linus_torvalds_flipping_the_bird.jpg

2 Likes

Mr. Wright, it’s been an hour since you posted this and the stolen images are still on your site. I’m well aware that updating a website can take some time, caches have to refresh, etc. However, an hour is more than enough time for that. This isn’t an attempt to make amends, this is a PR statement, and a poor one at that.

It is very amusing that biggest gpu brand advertised their products for years with an image rendered by a 2008 model cpu. Very inspiring case. lol

4 Likes

:face_with_hand_over_mouth::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream: Well, I am not sure what kind of amendment can change the facts. I’m shocked.

1 Like

I would encourage anyone reading this with a Twitter to quote retweet this:
https://twitter.com/cjones3D/status/1573646101970055169?s=20&t=5KcLv6TENyyKlUnPwsvrZA
And tag NVIDIA. Community pressure is apparently the only way NVIDIA will do the right thing

5 Likes

Also all the people who think that a single 4090 is a fair compensation should sit on their hands and think about:

1. The amount of effort the author put into the artwork.
  2. The amount of time the stolen artwork was unlawfully used.
  3. How the gigacorp is responding.
7 Likes

And how Nvidia supports artists for that matter or bends for bitcoin mining to keep prices high but when it’s a matter of using someone’s work they don’t care for the miners. Of course. Sorry, I’ve gone too far.

Definitely need to pay him hard cash, this was used for over 4 years to advertise their products. If they ONLY send him a gpu they would just be using this as another marketing opportunity to advertise their gpu. They need to pay him money. If nvidia is lucky he will also accept a gpu and use their product for more of his amazing work but they better not expect anything in return for paying him or giving him the gpu

6 Likes

It’s now been two hours and the stolen images remain. I’m not going to keep commenting every hour since there’s clearly no point, you’ve made exactly what your company intends to do very clear in the last two hours. That is to say, nothing.

3 Likes

Yes, but also a public apology.

4 Likes

Have you considered asking a lawyer?
Copyright laws are there precisely for this kind of disputes.
Social media, Twitter and the likes, may harm them, but would do no good to you, and I think that justice is preferable to revenge.

2 Likes

So you’re saying they owe him two

Two 4090s, and a 2060 just to be safe

5 Likes