Hyperlight | Icon

Ok, so one white and one black for me - send me the pricing, techspec and account no. for the money transfer… :wink:

Good job btw my buddy!

Sincerely, Jan

REM: at least on one of the images the wheels are spinning but the car stays still so be aware of that.

1 Like

interesting update. I went back and realized i had a noise preset turned on in my lightroom photo processing settings and when I turned it off it cleaned up the photos. No more noise.

done! im sure it stands right up there with the mclaren p1! :wink:

thanks for the heads up. didn’t realize until now.

NP mate. Waiting for my broken leg to heal and take Yo cars to spin - let U know the performance (if better then my P1)… :wink:

1 Like

if you have a P1…youre my new best friend. :wink:

btw, in case anyone is curious. In a nutshell, the process of me coming up with a “sketch” all the way through proof of concept always starts with a wheel base and beizer curves.

I usually set a wheel base using existing tires and then start building guidelines using bezier curves to form a basic shape.

I use bezier curves since they are very fluid to shape and manipulate if I don’t like where a shape is going. I string enough of them together throughout the car (front, sides, back, top, etc) because once I see a final shape form, I start using this as my skeleton to build the skin of the car. This creates the guide mesh that I use to start cutting panels and shaping the details of the car.

Since this car does not exsist, and my hand drawing skills are horrible, this is how I “sketch” using blender.

4 Likes

Yep, for example Im interested in this Bro. Any tutorial or video of makeing some vehicles (or else) using this technique? I know that some modellers using the curve stuff but never saw anyone in real. Also know that some of them using curves for start and then converts to mesh and using gridfill to step-up with the model. Really wondering for some tutorial mate.

2 Likes

i never thought of making one, but I suppose I can sit down for a bit to think about how to explain it. It’s not hard but there’s alot of “on the go” imagination in micro pieces of the car that will be unique to every person. But I can try and think of something general. Ive never made a tutorial before

It’s really interesting because I like working with Béziers curves but I haven’t find any modeling solution which satisfy me. Are you using Béziers curves just as guides or are you converting it into vertex mesh ?

1 Like

This looks cool.

So, uhm, how do you get inside? :upside_down_face:

What about turn signals?

Gas intake / plug?

Mirrors?

Exhaust?

1 Like

Great work! :wink:

1 Like

This work is insanely nice! Always wanted to master the hard surface modeling. And I still have a long way to go!

1 Like

You dont need Topaz for that the Photoshop versions which have “Preserve details 2.0” can do the same. Downscale or upscale images will get rid of quite some noise

nope. Photoshops preserve details 2.0 does not hold a candle to it. I’ve thoroughly compared it.

I highly recommend CG masters advancdd car modeling course. 30 hours of detailed info

Basically yes. I set up Beizer curves, snap their edges into intercepting points where certain lines meet and once I have my shape, I convert to mesh and start the slow and careful process of building a skin with light sub division happening to help the process a bit. It’s definitely not an exact science, so it still takes user intuition and flavor to decide how the shapes form. So the beizer “cage” is a rough template. I usually don’t know what it’s going to look like up until I have my guide mesh finished. But it’s always changing up until the end.

1 Like

I think turn signals and gas are easy to design into this. I imagine the turn lights being a function of the rear lights (like a mustang). Same with the fronts using the vertical high beam as a flashing like.

The door however is a bit hard to describe as I’m still working out the interior. But basically the whole roof opens forward like a jet cockpit. A little like the Renault trezor

1 Like

Even though I did clean up the images once I removed the film noise setting, i still wouldn’t mind trying it.

Photoshop Denoise and Lightroom have done great for me in the past, so if it’s better, it’s win win.

Oh I forgot to mention. The exhaust is top mounted. Those two pipes you see on the top rear, there they are. Inspired by the Porsche 918 spyder

1 Like

No, no, that’s not what I meant. I imagined it opened like that, I just can’t think of a graceful way to actually climb into the seat without stepping on the car. :smiley:

Also, that’s a really, really low suspension, and by the looks of the wheel housing, there’s no way to raise it :sweat_smile: