Hyperreal sucks

…be a good guy and name a couple good ones, would ya? :slight_smile: What’s “Ghibli”?

…Just reflecting - it would be Fantastic (and Sad!) if they were available ONLY on torrent, and not legally on any OTT where I live.

What’s an example of a good one?

Well, I would argue that they just copied Warhammer’s art style. :wink:

2 Likes

Are search engines blocked in India by any chance?

Google and Duck Duck Go can tell you more, learn to use them.

1 Like

How’s that caste system working out?

Also, you omitted an Oxford comma in your violently emotional flagged comment above.

Some people don’t understand sarcasm (or the post’s context) and might feel threatened by your post. Some guy got 6 years in prison for making sarcastic threats in World of Warcraft. I think you need to calm down & avoid encouraging violence even if you’re being sarcastic. I think most people would agree with you that diversity in film isn’t a problem because we’re respectful to all genders, races, and sexual orientations.

1 Like

Here you go…

Learn that when I say stuff, you’re not to Argue. Google doesn’t understand the word “good”. Of course, if that had actually struck you, you’d be ME, right? :slight_smile:

Er - I was being SARCASTIC OF the people who encourage violence!! :rofl:

these”? Come on, you don’t mean that…?

Where DO you live, then?

Let’s just leave it at that, eh? It’s gotten silly.

Cool.

10 chars.

1 Like

I guess some moderation has to be done here…

1 Like

I don’t quite understand what you’re trying to say here. Which nonsense?
How were e.g. the Disney StarWars movies all that different? Is it the female droid in ‘Solo’?
Is it a few non-caucasian extras in the ‘Hobbit’-trilogy?

greetings, Kologe

Eh, theirs is a bit more PG.

As in…parental guidance?

I completely gave up on “Mickey Wars” when I observed what they did with the character of Luke Skywalker.®

1 Like

The rating, yeah. And I meant that Blizzard is more PG friendly, obviously.

1 Like

I think you underestimate just how obsessed Disney is with making sure the worlds portrayed in their films have the exact same demographics as the audience who watches the movies, all the way down to the number of lines said by each character.

I can imagine a scenario where a director presents a truly amazing, well put together story, and he has to completely obliterate a large portion of it because the Hispanic character would not have one third of the lines, and then had to butcher it further to make sure females had half of the lines. The final movie then does not make sense, but it managed to tick the right boxes.

It will get even worse as more and more groups demand representation in the big blockbusters, some sources now claim the existence of over 100 genders and dozens of orientations (on top of the dozens of notable ethnic and religious groups) you think you can make any idea work if that many characters are required?

Not only that, but the oscars are goung to force ‘diversity’ quotas on awards. At that point, none of it means a thing. We may as well have AI creating films, with generic robots playing the parts.

This woke craziness has infected absolutely everything at this point. I recently read of a film about an autistic musician, and an ‘autism rights’ activist group(Don’t these people realise that every single person in the western world has equal rights?) They said it was ‘ableist’(I had to look this one up) because an autistic person should have gotten the role. Have you ever heard such lunacy? They’re called ACTORS…what is wrong with these woke zealots? Why are they hell-bent on destroying everything? It’s as if the entire entertainment world has gone bat-sh*t crazy.

2 Likes