I need feedback

Hi guys!
Finaly I find myself and I nderstand what I want to do in 3d.

Now I want to get from you some feedback for my renders.

As I new member here I can upload only one image
Another you can find in my instgram @gorvas3d or artstation horbach.artstation.com or behance Vasyl H on Behance

Thanks you

1 Like

I like it. Why is upper half of the room so shadowed?

Is the environment outside of the windows contributing to the interior lighting at all?

Are you making use of the Exposure value in the render color management properties?

I’d like to suggest making a render lit entirely by a Nishita Sky Texture and sun shining through the windows, choose a time of day, and then turn on the interior lights. Adjust the lights strength and the Exposure for the time of day. Preferably use real world values for the interior light bulbs (like in the real world) and adjust your camera exposure for the time of day/lighting situation (like in the real world)

2 Likes

Thanks
It’s my first steps in Archviz
I played with exposure
Outside I have sun
All lamps are on but I’m not sure about their power

Actually I’m nothing know about lighting so thanks you for links on YouTube

And thank you for feedback)

Hello and welcome to BA !

Ok so what is your area of interest or in which area you want feedback on (modeling, lighting, everything …) ?
On the overall I think what you do is already cool, now it’s more about polishing the details and nailing the “Wow factor” : it’s kind of an abstract concept that represents what you add to an image so people says “wow” when looking at it.

Some tricks are there : https://www.chaos.com/blog/top-10-tips-for-creating-wow-factor-interior-design-renderings

But of course it’s more a state of mind and a personal quest than a strict recipe !

On the image you posted, lights are on, but it’s daylight, but light from outside seems weaker than light on inside. You might want to focus on material and lighting only for some time, and that will probably help a bunch on your work in general.
After that you might want to focus on camera work for a while too.

Beside that, these subjects matter are quite difficult, a simple interior design like that is very mundane and once you reached photorealism it asks a lot of skills to make it visually interesting and stand out.
Like who really appreciate looking at photos of standard interiors like that in real life ?

But if we take the same kitchen and add cyberpunk or post apocalyptic elements to it, then it’s much more entertaining, and therefore it’s much more forgiving about composition, material or lighting. But at some point you still need to learn that anyway so…

I’m not saying that’s what you should do, if you are really into archviz, making such render looks cool and interesting while being difficult will probably pay of a lot in the end.

Or you can start by picking a more interesting subject matter :

Camera angle and lighting is similar to your render, but since the subject is more original we get more visual interest for free, that’s part of what makes that images looks “cool”.

Again, I’m not saying that’s what you should do, but I wanted to point out, that while your scene might be easier to model, making it visually interesting is much harder. On the flip side, having fewer elements can help to understand the roots of the fundamentals issues, if you can take a simple subject and make it look cool, then it’s going to be very simple with something more original !

Trying something a bit more ambitious can be a good exercise and a good opportunity to learn things !

Have fun !

2 Likes

Thank u guys!)

Made another render
What do you think about it?

3 Likes

It’s much much better ! Well done !

1 Like

That is for sure an improvement. :+1: What is the lighting setup you used?

1 Like

Yes please. I’ve been at this quite some time and still don’t have any archviz renders as good as this.

I’m using blackbody node with very high value(something about 15000) and sun, also with high strengh
I’ll post here screenshots of my settings later

1 Like

That is a very high value in Kelvin. Were you thinking to have an overcast mood in the scene?

By the way, the blackbody node uses Kelvin color units. The higher you go the cooler the color, the lower you go the warmer the color. :slightly_smiling_face:

Apparently lighting your scene with a supernova actually gives decent lighting :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, exactly. :grin:

Guys, sorry for late reply

So, here is my screenshots

Not bad, I do like the depth of field in the third shot, but it’s just overall your lighting setup. When I use the Sun lamp for lighting my interior I usually use a strength of 10, not 36. Also, I recommend trying to use image-based lighting like an HDRI.

I tried use HDRI but for now I can’t use it right(just don’t know how)

So I like this current setup

1 Like