I need tips for groin area topology

I always had issues with groin area topology and I always had to use corrective shapekeys, not to “fix” but rather to alter the position of vertices that get twisted insanely.

Methods to ameliorate the situation when you do yoga poses like this one in 3D are: Improve your weight painting skills, add helper floating bones (royal skies has a tutorial), add a bendy bone chain to support the groin area, build shapekey activated via bone transform channel.

Immagine 2023-08-12 105937

I currently use a standard normal topology for my current usage. here an example deformed with bones, no corrective smooth, no shapekeys.

I used bendy bones and transfered their movement into normal bones so I can export them in game engine.

This topology is lacking but its not even as horrid as to make it unusable. I want to improve it.

This is an idea that came to my mind. I will create triangles in this area, stretched triangles. Why? I thought that if they will rotate it will be possible to have them fall back on a position where they resemble aligned quads.

What do you think of my idea? Do you have better ideas? Then tell me about it. I am looking for a good groin topology that is able to make yoga poses. Thanks.

Do you know the “famous” spiderman topology… ? IDK the original source but it’s also mentioned here:

no I did not know it infact thanks for the tip. Will look into that since it appears to be working