I need to ask something

Hello guys, I need to ask something which i need to ask once again… and that is about the Blender 2.8 Alpha 1 ( I guess this is what it was called), which is basically eevee 2.8 in 2.79 UI, and yes, I already saw this thread but I did nit get any reply to my latest comment:

And yes, you migt ask why in this world I would even want blender eevee in 2.78 UI, well because my pc can handle eevee renderer butblender 2.8 UI hangs a lot in my pc, so please do not recommend me to go to the newer versions of blender, I just need the blender 2.81 alpha which was eevee in blender 2.78 UI, thanks!

There may be an easier way, and I do not at all know if my suggestion would work, I really don’t know a lot about eevee as a whole, or it’s integration because I really don’t need or use it, but you could probably grab eevee from the 2.8 source and pop it into 2.78 source with a few modifications to and then recompile but I am 100% positive that even if that works there may be some buggy features. Again, I don’t know a whole lot about what wen’t into eevees implementation into 2.8 so I don’t even know if that is possible.

Well bro, I dont think it will work because blender 2.79 uses a different version of Opengl ( I think this is the way it can be said) and blender 2.8 uses a more latest verion of Opengl, so directly inporting eevee into 2.79 is not possible, that is why I want to get the alpha 1 release of blender 2.8 which is one of the experimental official release of that time, which has an inbuilt eevee renderer,but thanks for using your precious time time to look up in my thread, thanks!

Is alpha 1 not available in blenders previous releases?

I am not able to find them, can you please try it for me, please…

https://download.blender.org/release/

Bro, i checked your link, but it olny shows the FINAL release of blender 2.8 but I want the version of blender 2.8 when it was in its aloha stage, i think the only way to get that version of blender is to get in contact with the blender devs, can you somehow do it for me?

maybe someone else can shed more light on this. That is the only resource I know to get a previously compiled official build of blender.

Perhaps you’ll find it on GraphicAll. It sounds like the kind of thing that would be available there. I tried using their search option, but didn’t get far. A brute-force search may be called for and I’ll leave that to you.

No bro, I am not able to find it, but I need to ask you something… do you know how to compile a build of blender, or do you know someone who can do it? Please let me know…

I have done it in the past, but it’s an evolving process. Each time I did it, I had to go find the instructions and follow them carefully. It’s not something I want to do again.

If you decide to do it, it’s best to start here: https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/Building_Blender

1 Like

Oh thanks dude, I will definately check it out, but will you help me out with somethings regarding it?

Hey dude, I just visited the link you posted and I also watched some tuts on YouTube, and I need to tell you that…

I LITERALLY UNDERSTOOD NOTHING!

I am sorry if you felt bad…
But bro, can you please do this compiling stuff just for the last time, please bro…
Please… please do it for me, for a noob like me, for a non-nerd like me, please bro, PLEASE…

If you say yes to my request, then thank you and here is the source code required for building UPBGE eevee in 2.79 UI, here is its link , its from github:
https://github.com/UPBGE/upbge/tree/eevee_merge

Please bro, do it or me… if you say no, no problem, but if you say yes, then THANK YOU, the decision is on you… thanks!

At this point, you understand as much about it as I do. Seriously. You need to find someone who does it more regularly or this is going to turn into the blind leading the blind. I am in no way qualified to guide you through this or to take on this task for you.

Oh ok bro, but thanks for giving some of your time to me