I saw King Kong last night!!

yeah i also thought most of it was let down by the extremeness of king kongs scenes.

it was 100% action, no time to breath, it was a bit strange that way. i.e. dinosaurs putting down large pieces of food just to chase a small bite?

everything seeming to want to eat these people at all costs.

the vines…

but other than that i thought it was perfect.

BTW Ecks the planes moved funny because he was simulating wind and had the planes flying like planes of that era would… all over the place. they hardly fly straight those things.

Alltaken

I think I’ll wait until they remake this:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/6305137250.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

:smiley:

I haven’t seen it yet, but it’s the best movie EVER !!!

well i am no guru of 3d. i wouldn’t mind working for weta digital but hey i don’t think it would be right for me.

are you in wellington?

if so i am really needing a job over the holidays (another 2 months) if you have any connections i would be keen. i am totally flat broke, and have spent about 1 month full time trying to sort out a job and internsips but nobody will take me… :frowning: (and not becuase of my lack of skills but beacuse i am trying the doorknocking rather than the normal routes)

Alltaken

well i am no guru of 3d. i wouldn’t mind working for weta digital but hey i don’t think it would be right for me.

are you in wellington?

if so i am really needing a job over the holidays (another 2 months) if you have any connections i would be keen. i am totally flat broke, and have spent about 1 month full time trying to sort out a job and internsips but nobody will take me… :frowning: (and not becuase of my lack of skills but beacuse i am trying the doorknocking rather than the normal routes)

Alltaken[/quote]

Thought about door to door doorknocker selling? :wink:

Seriously hope you get employment sorted out soon.

are you in wellington?

Alltaken[/quote]

Thought about door to door doorknocker selling? :wink:

Seriously hope you get employment sorted out soon.[/quote]

Lol. Yeah don’t give up Alltaken. In your line of work, door knocking is probably the best way to get a job. I found it to be more successful than any other method. You have some good skills and a good portfolio, it shouldn’t take long.

Try this website if you haven’t:

http://www.thebigidea.co.nz/

There’s a Junior Animation Artist position with drawing skills, Photoshop and layout skills in Auckland. Is it more CAD stuff you want to do?

thanks for the website osxrules.

unfortunately i don’t think i would be a good character animator (well i could be, but i have yet to learn that)

CAD, architecture… i am pretty good at that.

design of characters i could do. but rigging is a mystery for me.

i might apply for an artist in residency at a school though, teach 3d graphics there would be good.

Alltaken

Sorry no Alltaken I live on the SI.

Weta is quite flexible as far as work goes, if you are creative and dedicated, they would most likely take you.
I have been in a discussion with Richard Taylor about the very subject
and those are the main ingredients required.

I have not worked in weta digital, but have worked in weta workshops (where they make all the models etc) setting up some stuff for them.

The reason I dont work there is because… I work here.

well since i do industrial design i do think i could work at weta workshops pretty easily, since i know the basics of model making.

a couple of students every year get hired from my university. i might give that a good try.

Alltaken

I would like to say i worked on this move… but i would be lieing so i wont, i did see it last night though and dident like it, the best thing for me was either, those rotworms or the special effects anyway i dont have alot else to say

Probably works in a theater, I got to see it a day early too(I work in a theater), usually theaters will do a dry run of a film after it is built up so It doesnt fall apart during the premere.

That movie was amazing. Very well done.

I want to see that

I haven’t seen it yet, but I’m going to see it a second time, greatest movie EVER !

Huh?

Just a joke, the media is making such a big deal out of this movie.

They are trying way to hard to advertise this movie that they seem desperate.

Actually, I think the movie is awesome. I don’t think the media are hyping it for financial gain as they do for some movies. This is one seriously good piece of work IMO.

From some of the trailers, I thought they were going to sell it on visuals, especially with the dinosaur/gorilla fight clip being shown over and over. But I was blown away by it.

I was also surprised that it was so easy to watch. Every one of the 3 hour LOTR movies, I was nearly asleep by the end but I thought King Kong was a very engaging movie and not slow-paced at all.

I’m not easy to please when it comes to movies and I generally like about 2-3 movies per year. This is one of them. Corpse Bride, which I also saw recently sucked though. Wallace and Gromit was pretty good though and I actually liked Fantastic Four too. But for favourite movies of the year, it’s King Kong and Batman Begins.

I just saw the movie, it was great. Now I wonder where I can see the original to compare the two.

It’s amazing how much CG they used, most of the jungle is entirely CG. I wonder how long it would take to do that in Blender.

Batman Begins and King Kong is my favorite movies too. What does LOTR mean?

Lord of the Rings.