I saw King Kong last night!!

You’re kidding me. The jungle was CG? OK, I’m going to have to watch it again.

You’re kidding me. The jungle was CG? OK, I’m going to have to watch it again.[/quote]

You should really watch TV more, yup, the jungle “Fighting scene” was done with CG. The part will they fell down with T-rex and all those vines were CG.

You’re kidding me. The jungle was CG? OK, I’m going to have to watch it again.[/quote]

You should really watch TV more, yup, the jungle “Fighting scene” was done with CG. The part will they fell down with T-rex and all those vines were CG.[/quote]

OMG, this film is amazing. I watched the dino-gorilla fight scene over and over. I missed the bit where Kong bites the dino’s tongue off the first time I watched it. Just like Mike Tyson.

I have to say, I agree with what valfaroth says here at CGTalk:

and I was thinking about them while watching the movie but I was able to look past them.

Check out this technical clip where they show how they use digital doubles in some of the shots. I saw Maya in there:

http://img-nex.kongisking.net/kong/movies/PPD-14WeeksToGo_qt6_high.mov

That movie is linked from here:

You can buy the production diaries on DVD already.

I just saw the movie tonight an I agree it was very good.
One guy in the audience gave it a standing ovation.

I occurs to me however that since Kong didn’t make it in the end,
maybe some of the proceeds of the movie should be donated to his family, if any of them are still around. :wink:

I found this sight that has a great turn around clip of the original Kong’s pose-able skeleton http://www.kongisking.net/history/
(“King Kong” - 1933, bottom of second paragraph.)

Argh. I watched the first half!

I went to cinema with my pregnant wife, and we had to leave because our unborn baby was obviously scared by the volume and the action-oriented sounds. He was twisting and kicking like crazy!

So I guess I’m gonna watch it again when I’m in London next week. YAY.

Sorry about that Nico.

Not the kind of “visceral audience experience” the director intended I guess.

Oh well, have fun in London!

Talking about Kong’s family, did anyone know that the sequels to King Kong was just a joke? Peter Jackson said in his production diaries that he planned to remake Son of Kong and into the Wolf’s Lair movies. It was just an April Fools joke. Not funny IMO, I was looking forward to them.

am waiting to see it