Im Sick Of Blender (not really, just frustrated)

nope. tried it. if you watch in wireframe mode, you can still see the bullets going the wrong directions. thanks anyway. lol

works on my end. here:

if you want i can put together a simple script so that the bullet is on the wall, rather than flying toward it (like socials fps template, only easier to understand)

Attachments

gun problem_fix.blend (260 KB)

are you sure? because i just tried your fix and it does the same thing. try pressing 7. you can see if they are going straight from that angle
EDIT: Never mind. you cant see the bullets from birds eye. they used to be cubes so you could.

just extrude the plane. then you can see them. they aren’t going straight

when do they go off? while your turning? or do they fly off while standing still?

either way, they still turn

Ok man, here’s a few fixes.

Fix #1: make the gun a ghost
Fix #2: Move the empty (whatever spawns the bullet) away from the gun.
Fix #3: Make the bullet a ghost
Fix #4: Use an IPO for the shoot
Fix #5: Make the spawner spawn the bullet with no linV but make the bullet always have velocity.

Hope one of these works!

i did EVERY SINGLE ONE of those things you listed. i have to say i believe i have tried everything. Still, no one believes me that it is a bug in blender. i honestly think it is

Wait, so what exactly is your issue right now? what is turning?

Dude, there is no bug in blender. I’ve done this many times. It’s probably your logic setup.

my issue now is the same issue i’ve had the whole time.
ok, try this.
go to birds eye view and press p.
then hold the space bar. notice that the bullets shoot straight.
press the left arrow key. now start shooting again. notice that the more left/right you turn the more the bullets go off course.
once the player is facing (north?), the bullets shoot at almost 30 degrees off course.
and the farther you move to facing (east?) the more correct they get.
i don’t see what is causing this
here’s a screenshot

Attachments

I see the bullets going straight here…

look at the screenshot.
that is the gun problem_fix.blend, all i did was extrude the bullet so you could see it from birds eye

I cant catch a bullet with my screen shot!!! :smiley:

here:

Attachments

i don’t get why it is going straight on your computer and not mine. there should be no difference.

and are you holding the spacebar down, or are you just pressing it? because it is an automatic gun

OH MY GOD!!! Bravo Jay_Dee_892!! It is a version glitch!!! I was using Apricot 15888, so i tried it in 2.46, the glitch is there! Solution…APRICOT!

YES!!! SO IT IS BLENDER!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH MATT_GOLES!!! I NEVER WOULD HAVE REALIZED THAT!!!

i have an Apricot version installed on my computer, but i don’t use it much because my graphics card doesn’t support GLSL, and Apricot can’t save .exes. I will try it on the Apricot version now.

AND IT WORKS IN APRICOT. Thank you so much! I probably never would have tried it in an Apricot build. You might have just saved me from ditching this project. Once again, thank you.

Only 1 problem, what is the point of a bullet if it doesn’t register collisions?

and, since you are planing on spending a lot of time on this project, by the ime your done apricot will have a working blender player! OOH! and an idea for your game! make a pitch black hallway, except for a small lit area at the very end.as yo get halfway down the light flickers, shuts off, and comes back on, with something different in the scene (massive bloody mess or something) sorry, I was just playing F.E.A.R and thinking of things they needed.

that would be AWESOME! and if you get scared when you see it and turn around, you find that the door is locked behind you and your only choice is to go forward. that would be pretty scary.

but i still don’t know what to do about the whole collision issue