Im Sick Of Blender (not really, just frustrated)

you could play with ray sensors? the annoying thing is that it hits dynamic objects just fine, no matter what.stupid high speed collision… the offer for the ray script still stands though.

i have a good idea. (maybe)…

have an extremely short ray coming from the front of the bullet. so when a metal object touches the ray, the bullet will add sparks.

might make the game lag just because too many rays does that, but i will try

yes! it works perfect! i just have to fine tune the length so it’s not too long, but it still works.

ray is not power hungry, and apricot is WAY more optimized, what used to run at 20% logic now runs at 3%!!!

now i just realized there will be ANOTHER problem. how will i make other objects (enemies) know when they are hit by a bullet?

Hi Jay i know what you can do.
I have made an example you can download.
http://cid-d4c4ffac4d29c5ac.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Público/shoot.blend

Includes some python but is a very simple script.
If u cant understand ill post step by step ok?

If u dont want to mess with python i bought the book GameKit from blender.org 8€ wher i found some examples about ray hitting without scripting. I cant remember how it is because scripting in phyton seems to me a lot more easier than complicated logic bricks set ups.

Luck and go on.

I looked at your file… and it’s bit of mess (don’t get me wrong the gun model was very cool :D)… 1. the objects are too small for the physics engine plus you’ve messed up rotations and scales… your axis’s are all diff directions etc… trust me it’s not a blender bug…

–you also had redundent logic bricks that did nothing and ones doing the same thing etc??

When I do it from scratch in 2.46 and made sure that everything has scale and rotation applied and the proper bounds applied (you had a lot of objects with no bounds set etc) it works 100% like it should…

Point to remember in future when making games is that scale and rotation always need to be applied… before running the game engine… also having your added in object at 0.0.0 will help you determine if it’s facing the right way etc…

I recommend making the game in a way that gives you clear visual feed back eg. having a bullet that looks like a pyramid at first… so you can fix any errors… first before you go down the road of adding all these complex graphics and objects.

You have to do it correctly from the start otherwise like in your file once you’d added in all these objects and messed about it’s impossible to find the incorrect object… you might have scaled or inverted scaled an empty or an object… and the new blender build might have code that just resets stuff like that like negative scaling… your bullet had no bounds on it as well…:confused:

Also if it doesn’t work… rebuilding a simple version from scratch can often help you find out where you made mistakes… while learning to avoid them…

the reason the objects are so small is because i heard that Blender was made so 1 blender unit is equal to 1 meter, physics wise. so i try to make everything according to that, and it seems to work

and i don’t know what you mean by some logic bricks doing nothing. although, i did whip this whole setup up in like half an hour. maybe i forgot to delete some?

EDIT: and i just went through checking all of my objects. ALL of the axis are facing the right direction (except the camera)

edit double post

im taking a stab at your request, nice noise…

i actually have a missile test blend that i just did, and deals with this exact problem, let me see if i can help. check back later today

oh and a word for the future, name things in your sensor bricks and ipos etc etc, with what they do, just dont leave them generic, takes awhile to backward engineer if if you will to what your telling the game to do.

and ive solved some of the issues, ill put the example blend up in awhile…i resized the bullet so we could actually see the thing, that plane just wasnt cutting it when your trying to debug things like this

edit: i didnt see the rest of the others posting, mine only showed up page one not 2…but if you still want the blend file. it is accurate for physics representation of how fast a m16 bullet will travel as well as bullet drop (without having to use bullet physics just math) as well as fixing the issue you asked for. its done just let me know

what you need to do is setup a property for anything that you want the bullet to detect and call it bullet_detect or something fancy or generic.

apply anything you have in the game with that property and walla no matter what you hit the bullet will know.

this will prevent you from having to name every single collision property, ie metal wood grass ground door…and will prevent bugs by just using one collision name for all objects

Elitewolf… Jesus, how did you dig up this post? It’s over a year old. DON’T respond to messages you dig up in search unless you check the date beforehand.

And to everyone else out there… don’t post here to agree with me, it’ll just bump this now worthless post up.