Import From Daz Doesn't Work Right

Since the people at Daz’s forums apparently can’t be arsed to respond or offer the teeniest bit of advice on the subject, might as well come here.

I’m using the Daz to Blender Bridge with Daz 4.15 and Blender 2.93 yet it doesn’t work right. While the model loads in Blender just fine, it doesn’t have any of the morphs or textures I have assigned to it in Daz and it’s not connected to the skeleton. I have “Include Morphs” and “Collect Textures” checked in Daz yet it doesn’t work, and I’ve watched like a thousand videos and they all did the same thing I did except it worked for them. What am I doing wrong here? Why isn’t it importing to Blender correctly?

You might be better off using Diffeomorphic. It’s a little more involved but is 10x better than the Bridge.

Hey, that actually worked!
Much obliged.

I spent a WEEK trying multiple versions of diffeomorphic and blender bridges out and they all stank. In the end I found the best way was to export from Daz to FBX and then import the FBX file to Blender, down side of this is you have to spend additional time fixing all the textures as the metallic and specular are set on maximum.

FBX if fine, but the problem is getting a useable armature afterwards. Diffeomorphic can convert the Daz rig to a few different types of IK rigs with 1 click, merge all the separate Daz armatures into one, and so much more. There are also other things you can do, like add morphs after importing to Blender, add morphs to clothing with drivers, import Daz poses, etc. I’ve never had a problem with it and that’s why I highly recommend it.

That’s how good diffeomorphic is. That’s supposed to be a two story night club.

Diffeo is intended for characters… hard surface models are best exported with other methods.

what do you recommend then?

It depends on which format you’re the most comfortable dealing with, FBX, Obj, DAE, are all about the same really… you’ll may still have to deal with the texture/shader issue once you get it into Blender.