Intel Open Image Denoise released for 2.81

as @marcoG_ita pointed out it looks like the LuxRender implementation i used was buggy - I guess its best to wait a bit for a proper release from them

Why wait? The denoiser is released as a fully functional tool on its own with its own reference implementation.

Is intel open denoicer feature available in latest builds.

Is it possible to integrate this with Blender?

FYI this is included in E-Cycles.

1 Like

E-Cycles and OIDN rocks indeed.

1 Like

For those who donā€™t want to convert images to / from PFM:
I added OpenEXR (.exr) support for the command-line-interface
and a pull request on GitHub accordingly.
There is no response so far, but you can build it yourself already.

3 Likes

Thank you. Is there any chance for prebuild binaries for ordinary people? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I mean with exr support

1 Like

I am using macOS so that is the only platform I have a binary (with OpenEXR support) for right now.

@skw hi, iā€™ve noticed in recent 2.79 nightly builds there are OIDN passes (AOVs) in the compositor, there is not the Denoise filter though.

Any ideas? Would be great to get OIDN in experimental builds

Denoising data is here since very long, itā€™s the passes from Lukasā€™s denoiser.

The OIDN patch is still in review, it has not been committed to master or the 2.79 branch.

LordOdin has provided a build.

Stefan(skw) made that build :sweat_smile:

@skw @bliblubli
Thatā€™s right, my bad. I thought denoising passes were part of the OIDN patch

Its OIDN not ODIN :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Oops, thanks for the clarification.

OIDN, son of Intel

8 Likes

I donā€™t know if anyone saw this comment from Sergey, he is actually warming up to the idea of integrating OIDN after seeing results posted on the developer site.
https://developer.blender.org/D4304#103009

From recent examples, implementing it would be a smarter move than embracing the solution from Nvidia.

9 Likes