interactionOps [iOps]

add-ons
modeling
blender2-80

(TitusLVR) #1

Hello,

InteractionOps (iOps) - Blender 2.8 add-on. Idea of this addon is speed up switching between:

• Object mode and Edit mode
  • Edit mode vertex/edge/face
  • Origin to selected vertex/edge/face and Object align to Cursor

Installation:

• User preferences > Add-ons > Install from file…> select iOps.zip file.

HOW-TO:
By default keyboard shortcuts are assigned to buttons:

• F1 - In ObjectMode enters to EditMode(Vertex), in EditMode(Vertex) enters to ObjectMode and if EditMode Edge/Face enters to Vertex
  • F2 - In ObjectMode enters to EditMode(Edge), in EditMode(Edge) enters to ObjectMode and if EditMode Vertex/Face enters to Edge
  • F3 - In ObjectMode enters to EditMode(Face), in EditMode(Face) enters to ObjectMode and if EditMode Vertex/Edge enters to Face
  • F4 - In ObjectMode aligns object to cursor’s location and rotation, in EditMode aligns origin to center of selected element(s) (vertex/edge/face)

In case of predefined shortcuts, exiting commands for F1, F2, F3, F4 could be deactivated or deleted in user preferences panel (Keymaps tab), or user can assign a new shortcuts.

Many thanks!

(Wig42) #2

This sounds brilliant, a great time saver. I’m just checking it out now. Thanks TitusLVR.

(Zimlorog) #3

Super nice. Much better than the macros I made in PME.

Quick update: I’m loving this add-on. Being able to quickly exit Edit mode into Object mode by pressing the component key again is just so great. It’s little quality of life improvements like that, that just make working much more enjoyable.

(masterxeon1001) #4

iOps. awesome.

(TitusLVR) #5

Wow masterxeon1001, really glad to hear this from you :slight_smile:.

So iOps ver 1.1:
-Added curve support.
Now working on the rest of object types.

Many thanks.