interactionOps [iOps]

InteractionOps (iOps)

InteractionOps or iOps

It is a set of operators that boost Blender interactivity between user and application by using only five functional buttons.

Description:

https://interactionops-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/index.html

Download:

Many thanks!

20 Likes

This sounds brilliant, a great time saver. I’m just checking it out now. Thanks TitusLVR.

1 Like

Super nice. Much better than the macros I made in PME.

Quick update: I’m loving this add-on. Being able to quickly exit Edit mode into Object mode by pressing the component key again is just so great. It’s little quality of life improvements like that, that just make working much more enjoyable.

1 Like

iOps. awesome.

1 Like

Wow masterxeon1001, really glad to hear this from you :slight_smile:.

So iOps ver 1.1:
-Added curve support.
Now working on the rest of object types.

Many thanks.

2 Likes

In case of blender API update:
iOps ver 1.2:

• added empty object align (F4)
  • code update

Many thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for the update Titus. This is one of my favorite addons ever. Save so much time.

1 Like

Any demonstration of this?

Super!! Thanks.

Excellent! It should be a default behaviour for blender :slight_smile:

Nice work! I have one tiny request and a couple of ideas that I’d like to bring up for consideration to perhaps have as optional behavior. Tiny request:
Possibility to press F4 in object mode and have origin snap to the center of the active object. Indeed this is tiny, because right now we just need to enter edit mode (and we can use edit mode on multiple objects :slight_smile:)

Some considerations:
This is something I have always missed coming from 3ds Max. In Blender, Switching between Vert, Edge and Face selection modes will convert the selection. So if I have a face selected and I switch to Vert Select Mode, I now have the verts of that face selected. I wish there was an option to have the selections for each mode completely separate. So this would be an example behaviour:

1. In Edge Select mode nothing is selected.
  2. I enter Vert Select mode, select vertices 4, 7 and 2.
  3. I switch to Edge Select mode. Nothing is selected. I select Edges 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.
  4. I switch to Vert Select mode. Vertices 4, 7 and 2 are selected.
  5. I switch to Face Select mode. Nothing is selected. I select Face 15.
  6. I switch to Edge Select mode. Edges 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 are selected.

Etc, etc, etc… Selections are not converted, but rather remembered. I know this is pretty much different from the idea of interactionOps, but nevertheless, what do you think of this idea?

1 Like

Nice idea actually, will invistigate how to store selections for verts, edges and faces.
PS: Also i’m a 3dmax user too, but now i try to migrate to blender.

1 Like

Nice! I have tried suggesting this in the devtalk but people were hesitant. One point of confusion could be that in blender it’s also possible to be in multiple modes at once (just shift click the vert, edge and face buttons), although I never found any need for that and I don’t see it as an obstacle for my suggested functionality. Also this way of storing selections instead of converting them could be optional somehow :slight_smile:

In Max you can convert a Polygon selection to Vertex selecion by Ctrl+Clicking the vertex sub-object button with some polygons selected. The default behavior of Clicking (without Ctrl) on the vertex sub-object button would be not to convert, but to recall whatever the vertex selection had been prior.

iOps updated to version 1.3 in case of Blender 2.8 API update

Updated header of topic added some demo GIFs
and addon updated to version 1.5:

• Keymaps added to Addon Preferences
  • added GPencil support
  • added align object to face by face normal and edges

Many thanks!

Hi guys, it wil be an update for iOps. We have almost refactored the code, add and redo some features.
One of the features will be VisualOrigin:

Expand for check GIFs

Many thanks!

2 Likes

Hello guys!
iOps is updated with new features check them here:

Many thanks!

1 Like

Getting this error when trying to use Mesh: Object Mode - Align to Cursor.

Also, getting this error when searching for iOps in the search menu.

What is the name of addon folder here:
“x:\Users\Your_name\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons”
Shoul be “InteractionOps”
PS: If not just rename folder “InteractionOps-master” to “InteractionOps”
so problem with naming we will fix

InteractionOps-master