INTO THE TITAN (Zark 2) Now Available

You really do a nice job on the atmosphere Plant Person!

I love all the nice ambient sounds, and the little mini-games.
I hope this games goes far! After you are done be sure to tell people at Game Hippo , and Cayman games about it. They need some quality adventure games.

Yeah. They’re really only there because I wanted to show people that they should use the arrow keys. I didn’t mean to imply that all of them were functional, I just thought they were more recognizable as a group.

Yeah. They’re really only there because I wanted to show people that they should use the arrow keys. I didn’t mean to imply that all of them were functional, I just thought they were more recognizable as a group.

nice , but why didn’t you fade them or make them darker than others :slight_smile: , … it wouldn’t make difference too much anyway …
still playing the game , … but i am busy a little because of the university (first weeks there)
when i play it and see something i will tell ya
by the way :- in that level , when you are at the canal you jump too high :slight_smile: , but you can’t go throgh that destroyed hatch in the celing :frowning: , …
i like the environment of that level , specially those devices and satellites , the loading works good but the black screen which go and come and go … etc … make it appear at once

PS : why don’t you think of a way to make it a PSP game , … maybe hard but trying isn’t that bad

i’ll tell you what…if you can figure out how to convert it to PSP you may feel free to do so! I doubt that it’s possible and I couldn’t do it anyway as I don’t have a PSP.

i’ll tell you what…if you can figure out how to convert it to PSP you may feel free to do so! I doubt that it’s possible and I couldn’t do it anyway as I don’t have a PSP.
it is possiple , …i know someone on another forum that did make interactive psp game that features a character that can be rotated (show of character)
but you have to use c++ , there is a lot of articles about it
example
http://www.pspcrazy.com/index.php?page=Articles&action=showarticle&id=57
ok forget it ,… i will go and play the game having the hope to solve that combination … :slight_smile: , don’t give me clues till i ask :slight_smile:

yesterday , i have refreshed my OS winxp , and i have lost the save of the game , :frowning:
anyways , … playing it from the begining , … lol … but you made the game too hard !!! lol … i’m trying to find the clues but all i find is 8 displayed on a monitor ! :frowning:
nice game :slight_smile: , i can’t stop playing it :slight_smile:

You should check the hints PDF… it will tell you how to set the generators correctly.

Also, there are three worlds to visit besides the Meteorite Research Center…you could give it a rest for awhile and visit one of the others.

this game is flippin sweet. you should put some techno music in though. i like it a lot and its very professional. keep it up!

I just downloaded this game and tried to play it. The concept, artwork and story of this game are great. However I encountered some functionality issues.

• The camera is very hard to control. It goes through walls so you can’t see anything and ends up upsidedown or staring at the ceiling half the time.
  • I managed to glitch right through a door in the Titan from the place where you start into the baggage claim room and then from there out into nothingness (can’t be sure how much of this is your fault)
  • I found my way to the teleporter room and stepped onto one of the teleporters. I got stuck in an endless loop of the loading screen coming up and then disappearing to reveal me in the same place. Then the loading screen would come up again and fade again and I couldn’t get out of that loop.I hope you decide to fix these issues because it would make the game so much less frustrating (at least for me) and I really look forward to enjoying the entire game. I am using the windows installer version of the game if it makes a difference.

Argh…I know that bug. I thought I’d eliminated it. It has a lot of different causes, I can’t know for sure what yours is. All I can suggest is that you try again, or try a different teleporter, or a different game format. Sorry to hear you’ve encountered this issue…I thought it was gone for good. I may revisit it at some point, but at this time I don’t have a chance to fix it.

The camera issue is a common complaint but I’m afraid it would be far too much trouble to fix it. However the first Titan level is really the only one where it’s a big problem.

Regarding the “glitching through the door,” I don’t think I can fix that…it’s Blender’s fault. If you don’t crash into things while running, it usually doesn’t happen.

Sorry I couldn’t help… if you absolutely can’t get the teleporters to work, I suggest you access the scenes using the menu instead.

got stuck in an endless loop of the loading screen coming up and then disappearing to reveal me in the same place.

that happened to me too , … :frowning:

Gah… apparently I’ll have to revisit this issue at some point. Drat.
How many others have experienced this problem?

The teleporter worked fine when I restarted the game for the second time so it doesn’t glitch all the time for me. The game is pretty good as far as I’ve played it so far but I wish it were more obvious when you solve a puzzle so that you don’t have to cross half the map to see if something is lit up from the puzzle you just solved. I also noticed you have an amazing jumping ability in Justice Canyon (or whatever it’s called), so much that you can simply jump over the force fields instead of turning them off.
Sorry if I am coming off as very critical towards this game. I think it is a great accomplishment and a great game and I am just trying to point out things that could make it better in my opinion.

Critical is good.

I’ll have to check the Justice Canyon bug, I hadn’t noticed it.

Sometimes the teleporter bug occurs if you slip out of the teleporter after stepping into it.

[quote=PlantPerson;938781]http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/1732/zarkcartoondi8.jpgquote]
haha. i love this comic.:smiley:

Hello guys…in my typical habit of releasing things on or near Christmas, I have uploaded version 1.1, which includes a number of bug fixes, including a rewrite of the teleporter code which should hopefully clear up that issue. Also corrected is the Justice Canyon jumping bug. Sorry but only the Windows and .blend versions have been updated. See the included readmes for complete changelogs. Enjoy!

i’m waiting for all the bugs to be fixed … , :slight_smile: .

Hi Plant
I’ve downloaded the “new” .b version…
It’s not “play ready” I guess, I’ve found some problems, but it’s not important, and
it’s probably my fault…
I want mostly give you my congratulations for your BIG and talented work!
It’s, probably, the most ambitious work made with the game engine!
Bye

Why? What are the problems you guys are encountering? I played through the new version without any issues.

Do you guys use subsurf on your game models?
I read an old tutorial where they say that we shouldn’t use subsurf when making games.